I have a herd of air guns headed for work. And most needed/wanted springs. Here are the pics,

IMG-0243.jpg

Just put a Vortek PG4 HO kit in my HW30S about 2 weeks ago. In my application the cocking shoe lightly touches the spring dampener cup on the return cocking stroke, I added extra moly lube in this area, in addition to slight polishing of the shoe. My HW30S did not have any 'twang' in stock form, with the kit it's got more oomph with a slightly increased cocking effort, but overall it great. I'd recommend examining (at least) all of the various holes inside the compression tube for any sign of burrs and in addition to removing any found perform a thorough cleaning of the entire inner chamber. I did not utilize any chemical agents in my cleaning process, just clean rag after clean rag (on a suitable dowel) and moly lubed the side of the new piston seal in addition to light moly on the piston inside & out, as well as the ends of the spring (top hat & dampener cup). I also used some light piston heating (over the kitchen stove) to assist in stock seal removal & new seal installation - makes the seals a bit more pliable for that process.

Reactions: Oquossoc
Thanks guys, kind of what I figured but wanted to check. Yes it has sentimental value as the first and only legit pellet gun I owned as an adult untill buyig a brocock bantam .22 pcp about 4 years ago. Remember being so broke somewhere around 1987, all I had was a onion and a can of tomato's. Proceeded to bag 2 doves off the phone lines with the 80 and had dinner. However, feel it's time to say goodbye. Can the trigger group be fabricated to any other guns, how about the sights? Steve didn't seem like a big fan of the Vortex, don't know if it's worth to have pulled and shipped.

Been happy with the Brocock pcp and a hand pump for the little shooting I do. However, I still think about airguns way more than I should.... something many of you can identify with. My storage space is very limited so not sure if I should replace the 80 in my situation. I travel around taking care of estates and dogs when clients travel. Stay busy enough that i don't have my own residence but generally covered with nice beach area places to stay. Most of my enviroment is high end 3-6 million dollar homes in like nieghborhoods even though I'm basically homeless. Have a couple of properties that are great to target shoot at as long as I can stay inconspicous. Not hunting much these days but that and occational small pesting option is nice. Some day I might be open to hiring out to do pesting work or in exchange for a nice place to occationally live. I'm trying to keep my quiver small, versatile, quiet and effective. The brocock is only 24" long with the stock off which is good when needed. It's also very quiet with the dfl sumo, holds air very well and has been very trouble free so far. With experiencing the .22, not sure I need a .177 as well or should replace the 80. Thinking of mybe adding something bigger like a .357 or .45 pcp for a bigger critter options like a yote coming after a clients dog, a deer or pig/javelina type of thing down the road. If I were to replace the 80, would you guys buy the same or different springer option? I have not shot any other springers or pcp's for that matter or have anyone around me into the sport.

Been happy with the Brocock pcp and a hand pump for the little shooting I do. However, I still think about airguns way more than I should.... something many of you can identify with. My storage space is very limited so not sure if I should replace the 80 in my situation. I travel around taking care of estates and dogs when clients travel. Stay busy enough that i don't have my own residence but generally covered with nice beach area places to stay. Most of my enviroment is high end 3-6 million dollar homes in like nieghborhoods even though I'm basically homeless. Have a couple of properties that are great to target shoot at as long as I can stay inconspicous. Not hunting much these days but that and occational small pesting option is nice. Some day I might be open to hiring out to do pesting work or in exchange for a nice place to occationally live. I'm trying to keep my quiver small, versatile, quiet and effective. The brocock is only 24" long with the stock off which is good when needed. It's also very quiet with the dfl sumo, holds air very well and has been very trouble free so far. With experiencing the .22, not sure I need a .177 as well or should replace the 80. Thinking of mybe adding something bigger like a .357 or .45 pcp for a bigger critter options like a yote coming after a clients dog, a deer or pig/javelina type of thing down the road. If I were to replace the 80, would you guys buy the same or different springer option? I have not shot any other springers or pcp's for that matter or have anyone around me into the sport.
Don,
I think you are replying to a different thread than the one about your HW 80