N/A Springers in .25

Have several Hatsan in .25. Hatsan makes a decent gun. However many around here will disagree. If your willing to put a little work into them tuning and cleaning up. And do the adjustments to the trigger, they will be much better. Always try to get the spring version. Less problems as sometimes, but not always a ram will fail.

I shoot mine a lot. They work for me.

Reactions: DesertSilver
Looking at the current crop, I see them from Gamo, Hatsan and Norica -- not high on my list -- Weihrauch and Cometa. Who has a favorite?
Like them for the short range hammers they can be, yes. Favorite? Mine are all Hatsans and the lesser powered models (Edges, 1000X, AirTact, 87QE, Model 95). The Cometa seems to be getting very good reviews in the UK forums (right along with the HW's) I wander through even for their sub 12 laws and making me want to try one with US power levels to see what it can do.
At least in springers, .25 is a niche caliber like .20 is so it comes down to what you might want one for and what kind of power you might want out of it.
Hopefully more members who own HW's and Cometa will chime in about theirs and what they think.

Like them for the short range hammers they can be, yes. Favorite? Mine are all Hatsans and the lesser powered models (Edges, 1000X, AirTact, 87QE, Model 95). The Cometa seems to be getting very good reviews in the UK forums (right along with the HW's) I wander through even for their sub 12 laws and making me want to try one with US power levels to see what it can do.
At least in springers, .25 is a niche caliber like .20 is so it comes down to what you might want one for and what kind of power you might want out of it.
Hopefully more members who own HW's and Cometa will chime in about theirs and what they think.
Have the Edge, 95, 87, 125 105X in both spring and ram and 150 sniper. Also a XS28M and Kodiak all .25

I have a cometa fenix 400 in .25. I havent shot it past about 10 yards yet. Im planning to keep it open sights I think. It hits nice and hard but I dont expect to go for targets far away

Sold all my pcps except one hw110 .22. Had an impact .25. Im tired of having to plan and take air. Rifle, ammo and go

I always wanted to try a .25 air rifle and two weeks ago I had an opportunity to pick up a used .25 Hatsan 125 Sniper with gas ram from a local pawn shop having a 50% off sale, got it for $99.50. I prefer springs over the gas ram but I felt the price was right to try my first .25 air rifle. I have not tested velocity yet but I have put 6 shots through it with open sights, it’s a thumper for sure, can flatten a 34 gr JSB pellet to nearly 3/4 inch. Accuracy is there out to 35 yards. Does not like artillery hold, has a kick which makes me wonder what will be a good scope option. Will I buy another .25 or larger caliber air rifle, I don’t think so because pellets for .25 and up cannot be found in stores around me, so will be sticking with my .22 calibers for the most part.

I had a Hatsan 95 some years ago, and it was a hard hitter all right, but very hold sensitive and just a little rougher around the edges than I liked, so I sold it to a guy near Portland (I lived in Salem at the time) who had an opossum problem and he said it was a death ray for that work.
Be nice to try one with better manners. I liked the .25 in a Marauder and in an Airacuda Standard, but I have quit PCPs.

I had a Hatsan 95 some years ago, and it was a hard hitter all right, but very hold sensitive and just a little rougher around the edges than I liked, so I sold it to a guy near Portland (I lived in Salem at the time) who had an opossum problem and he said it was a death ray for that work.
Be nice to try one with better manners. I liked the .25 in a Marauder and in an Airacuda Standard, but I have quit PCPs.
I went balls to the wall on a .22 400 tune yesterday and it was pretty tame for what it is. I would imagine the .25 will be a bit nicer but I could be wrong. It should make for a pretty decent mid power thumper

Like Septic mentioned earlier, tweaks to both action and trigger make them better rifles and they're not hard to work on.
Exact same thing can be said for any brand and model of rifle made out there. Doesn't matter what you bought or how much you spent, they can all be made better with a little TLC. Forum is full of the stories about them :)

I have two 25 calibers. Both Hatsan’s. 95 and 135. Both Vortex Gas Pistons. The 95 never gets shot but the 135 is probably my all time favorite barrel cocker. And I have mostly Weihrauch’s. The ram just went empty for the first time but pumped right back up again and is fine. I was storing it upright and was of the knowledge it could loose pressure from the oil settling away from the o-rings. So now storing muzzle down. I prefer the gas ram over a spring. If it’s working properly. Springs have issues also. The ram is adjustable and so smooth to cock and firing behavior is very authoritative. As mentioned the Hatsan can be a decent gun if gone through properly. Although the older ones were of better quality.

I currently have one model in .25cal, a Remington 725 VTR. While not part of the current offerings it shares its action/barrel with the Benjamin Trail XL 725. My example shoots 25.4gr JSB's averaging at 708fps (ES 6fps). Topped it off with an UTG 3-9x mil dot scope to help with ranged shots. Don't shoot it often, have shot out beyond 50y with good success. Don't recall if I've shot this one out to 100+ yards or not, do recall having no issues at 80y (lasered @ 82-83y) on steel (rimfire) targets. Definitely helps to shoot at known distances because of loopy trajectory.

Use to have a Hatsan 125TH springer in .25cal. Before knowing about tuning, I gave it away because the spring vibration would give me a migraine after shooting (was very harsh!). The gun had a little more power than the Remington and was just as accurate. Had I known all I needed was a new spring guide, a bit of polishing and some good lube I would have kept it.

Lately I've been toying with the idea of getting an HW97 in .25, or something else at similar performance. Something mild mannered with about 12 to 16fpe or so, just for target shooting (lobbing bigger chunks of lead slow enough to see, Lol). Not too many options available...

My HW98 .25 was doing cloverleaf groups at 35 meters with JSB King 25gr in stock configuration 15-16fpe. I ordered it from Krale Scheittsport in the Netherlands, arrived 3 days later in the middle of Nowhere, LA USA. Meanwhile orders from some of our domestic retail sites take weeks and months but that’s another forum. My problem is I was too bourgoise and couldn’t stand the spring twang. Every time I shot the thing I was hollering and jumping like a chimpanzee because I was ecstatic that it was stacking lead on top of the previous pellets, even though it was lobbing them soooo slow (~540 fps) that I could see the pellets flying to the target. Anyhoo, I put in a Vortek PG something or other to get rid of twang and she ain’t been the same since. These days I use the 98 to prop open a door or hold some paper from flying off a desk when the fan blows.

• Sad
Reactions: Billinoregon