• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Springer scopes (again) 😁

If you wish to add scope number 5 to the trash bin, go get a Hawke Vantage and mount it up. It will soon join the others.
Those Bullseye recoil absorbing mounts do not work well, to begin with you must loctite all 4 screws in the lower part of the mount that actually holds it all together. And yes they deter from accuracy be it a Gen One or Gen Two or some other magical equation. At 25 yards no big deal, as you reach to 35 and further it does become an issue. Getting flyers at 35 yards.......get rid of the recoil mount and the flyers vanish.

The CenterPoint you ask about is a decent scope and will withstand springer use, however they have changed the reticle and it now has little upside down triangles rather than standard mil dots. Might be OK, just that any kind of obstruction to the sight picture does infringe upon clear sight and accuracy. The reticles in some scopes have become so congested and busy they are a deterrent not a help. I have not tried one of the new ones, however several older ones have never failed. This is most likely the best budget scope available, they are like 90 bucks at Walmart.

The UTG True Strength line of scopes are OK for most folks, however I have had two of them fail on springers and not powerful ones either. One of them failed on an R9 14 fpe rifle. Sure they will happily fix it .........it will take two months to send it and get it back and if like mine will fail again in the first two shots. Both of those now reside at the local dump. It is not worth the aggravation of sending them in to be fixed. Oh the UTG reticle is very thick. It will cover up small targets to the point you must now guess........................

Without getting over 250 bucks there are two that I know are good and will last.
The Hawke AMX line of scopes. Great scopes, their disadvantage is that the reticle in some light conditions is impossible to see.
The Vortex scopes are wonderful, reticles functional, clear glass and will withstand even the Gamo Magnum. Several of the one inch tube scopes are reasonably priced.

As time goes on, I am personally going to all Vortex scopes on everything. It is nice to know once I get it mounted and perfectly set up it is going to be there for the life of the rifle and or my lifetime. Those such as the Diamondback are fantastic, however they are not budget. However they do allow you to relax and enjoy shooting and concentrate on hold, trigger pull and improving your skills without worry of scope failure or POI jump.

Nope .........I do not work for Vortex, or even know anyone there. Just the scope that for me has risen to the top and I have grown very disgusted with Junk scopes and 99 percent of them are just that JUNK!! Scopes rated for 50 caliber military BFG'S are not springers. Just ask the Element Helix that saw the front glass retaining ring land on the shooting table. Grin!! I loved that reticle too.........oh well, it was happily replaced and sold , and some happy owner now has it on a PCP. It will last forever on that.

Cheers
Kit

Reactions: Sublimemoon0000
I bought one of these UTG scopes and it survived on both a Sig ASP20
and a RWS 34. No problems! It's a large and heavy scope and has the
illuminated reticle feature that I never used.

If you wish to add scope number 5 to the trash bin, go get a Hawke Vantage and mount it up. It will soon join the others.
Those Bullseye recoil absorbing mounts do not work well, to begin with you must loctite all 4 screws in the lower part of the mount that actually holds it all together. And yes they deter from accuracy be it a Gen One or Gen Two or some other magical equation. At 25 yards no big deal, as you reach to 35 and further it does become an issue. Getting flyers at 35 yards.......get rid of the recoil mount and the flyers vanish.

The CenterPoint you ask about is a decent scope and will withstand springer use, however they have changed the reticle and it now has little upside down triangles rather than standard mil dots. Might be OK, just that any kind of obstruction to the sight picture does infringe upon clear sight and accuracy. The reticles in some scopes have become so congested and busy they are a deterrent not a help. I have not tried one of the new ones, however several older ones have never failed. This is most likely the best budget scope available, they are like 90 bucks at Walmart.

The UTG True Strength line of scopes are OK for most folks, however I have had two of them fail on springers and not powerful ones either. One of them failed on an R9 14 fpe rifle. Sure they will happily fix it .........it will take two months to send it and get it back and if like mine will fail again in the first two shots. Both of those now reside at the local dump. It is not worth the aggravation of sending them in to be fixed. Oh the UTG reticle is very thick. It will cover up small targets to the point you must now guess........................

Without getting over 250 bucks there are two that I know are good and will last.
The Hawke AMX line of scopes. Great scopes, their disadvantage is that the reticle in some light conditions is impossible to see.
The Vortex scopes are wonderful, reticles functional, clear glass and will withstand even the Gamo Magnum. Several of the one inch tube scopes are reasonably priced.

As time goes on, I am personally going to all Vortex scopes on everything. It is nice to know once I get it mounted and perfectly set up it is going to be there for the life of the rifle and or my lifetime. Those such as the Diamondback are fantastic, however they are not budget. However they do allow you to relax and enjoy shooting and concentrate on hold, trigger pull and improving your skills without worry of scope failure or POI jump.

Nope .........I do not work for Vortex, or even know anyone there. Just the scope that for me has risen to the top and I have grown very disgusted with Junk scopes and 99 percent of them are just that JUNK!! Scopes rated for 50 caliber military BFG'S are not springers. Just ask the Element Helix that saw the front glass retaining ring land on the shooting table. Grin!! I loved that reticle too.........oh well, it was happily replaced and sold , and some happy owner now has it on a PCP. It will last forever on that.

Cheers
Kit
Kit,
What Vortex scopes do you recommend?
Z

I bought one of these UTG scopes and it survived on both a Sig ASP20
and a RWS 34. No problems!
both of those are light shooting guns tho'. how's it hold up on a .22 magnum?

as i'm only 25Y #backyardplinking, i gave up having scopes on most of my guns.

d350benchrestoct2022a.jpg

both of those are light shooting guns tho'. how's it hold up on a .22 magnum?

as i'm only 25Y #backyardplinking, i gave up having scopes on most of my guns.

View attachment 295750
My 3-9X32 UTG True Hunter is holding up just fine on my .25 cal Hatsan mod 125 after well over a thousand shots.
I have a 4X32 UTG True Hunter on my mod 95 that is also holding up after about 1500 shots.

Reactions: pdxFrank