Springer recoil

So, I was editing a video of me showing off my improving shooting skills taking out a 2" diameter by 3" tall glass jar at 50 yards. I noticed how the video really shows the recoil into my shoulder as well as the forward "recoil" produced by the sudden stop of the piston. Keep replaying the video at 38 seconds while watching my shoulder and then the shooting stick. Then stare halfway between my shoulder and the stick and if you have decent peripheral vision, you will see my shoulder take the action first and then the stick a split second later. The gun barrel doesn't move as it would if shooting off hand as I'm holding the stock firmly against the foam grips on the stick. I've gotten very accurate shooting this way. Yes, those are scars on my shoulder from rotator cuff surgery this past July. Had the same in my left shoulder two years ago. Too much working out at the gym for a 61 year old. Shooting the springer on a daily basis does not bother my shoulders at all.

Reactions: JimNM
In my shoulders I had about a 50% tear in the supraspinatus tendon as well as a torn labrum and arthritis in the AC joint. My tendons did not require repair. What I had is called an Acromioplasty which is removal of bone material from the underside of the Acromian thus freeing up space between the Acromian and the shoulder joint where the tendon lies. Limited space in that area is what can cause slow progressive tearing of the tendon. I also had a distal clavical excision of the AC joint. Recovery is long (6 months) and EXTREMELY painful but worth it for me in the long run. I am free of pain and back to my daily weightlifting routine.