• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Springer off a bag

Back when I shot my RWS 48 often I used a front bag almost exclusively. I had a set of golfballs on ts that Id put 100 yards out next to a steel gong; once Id confirmed my hold over on the gong I would mover over to the golf balls and knock them over. I won a couple bets pulling that stunt. If I remember right I had to hold 3 1/2 hash lines over on my Hawke Varmint scope to hit the balls at that distance (could be wrong, that was during the Obama administration ammo crunch and my memory isn't stellar). Needless to say, a front bag on a springer, at least that springer, is a beautiful thing.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Sure do. Works like a champ @50

Patrick

20220822_183755.jpg
20220822_183848_Moment.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak
Have many rests, but I'm coming around to the idea that whatever floats most easily and provides minimal impedance to the natural fore/aft travel and shot cycle is the best. I'm not sure what that preferred buffer is yet, but I'm sure working on it. I'll place a very fine micro fiber cloth between rest and rifle tomorrow for research.
Nice idea. I will try that as well.

Patrick