Springer Model and Power Level Discussion

I have my 50 shooting close to 10 ftlbs and it has a maccari kit and seal. It is easy to cock and very light to handle. The shot cycle is fast and snappy with no vibration/twang. Compared to stock form, it is much better which I expected. Stock, it was more powerful, I wouldn’t want to raise the power and if I do tune it again, I would most likely lower the power. I mostly target shot within 30 yards. It’s a .177 cal.

I have a 97 with a maccari kit and oem seal. I experimented with maccari seals but the velocities I was getting were not what I wanted. I think the seals were to big and even after sizing I didn’t get the numbers. I popped on the factory seal, which was looser, and got the gun up to speed. It’s shooting at 13.5 ftlbs w/ fts pellets. It’s smooth but there is a small amount of buzz or ringing after each shot. I’ve read 97s tend to ring or buzz somewhere here. I’m not too worried about it and don’t want to mess with it bc it is very consistent and accurate. 

My smoothest is a PS I just got in .22 cal. I tuned it down last night to 625 fps with 14.35 jsbs and it is super smooth. No vibration and a subtle recoil upon discharge. I used a maccari spring and seal. I expect the velocity to increase slightly as it breaks in bc the seal was a tighter fit than stock. I also got lucky and hit the stock lotto. I plan to apply a few coats of oil protect the wood. It came basically dry with no finish. I think that is common for AA walnut stock out the factory. 

What ever you get, I would put shooting experiences the top of the list. Easy cocking and smoothness works for me all the time. It also must be accurate of course which in my experience, AA and HW guns are. 

Hope to post pic of my PS soon.