• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Springer for pests at 50 yards?

What's the best springer for pests at 50yards? Probably spent 12hrs over the past couple days researching PCP's and just seems like I'm gonna dump 1k before I even get going. Probably spent 4 hrs researching springers today and I'm so lost in the sauce. One minute I was looking at Hatsan 135 QE Vortex in .25/.30, Then various Gamo's in .22, and almost pulled the trigger on a Beeman R9 but then starting reconsidering cause we do have some racoons and plenty of armadillos that destroy my 2 arces.

If my need was only the occeasional pest and not interested in plinking or target shooting (beyond sighting in), I would get a Ruger RPR rimfire .22LR, a brick of Lapua Center Point or Midas+ and a $200 suppressor. Downside of suppressor is the $200 tax stamp and about a six month wait for approval. Scope does not have to be anything elaborate.
My 2¢.
I personally use an FX Crown .25 but also have several other PCP’s and an Alkin for my shooting fun.

Edit: Prior to airgun addiction, the suppressed .22LR was my pesting weapon of choice. It is more energy than necessary for pesting and small game like squirrels but it can confidently take care of larger critters like raccoons and groundhogs.
Plus, for totsl cash outlay, if you get an upper end airgun and a compressor, the .22LR would be lower investment and no compressor maintenace and SCBA bottles.
View attachment 391354
For me if a firearm can be used legally and safely, there is no reason to use a airgun.

Reactions: rcs9250 and Frogy