• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Springer comparison ( 3 models)

The HW50 was my first Weihrauch, it cam to me used at an airgun show. At the time I did not think much of my ability to shoot springers.

After getting it home and working with it for a while I found that I was not a great springer shooter but I was much better at shooting them when it was a quality gun. I have since acquired a number of Weihrauch's. In my opinion the HW50 is a better all round gun than than the HW30 but not as heavy and cumbersome as the Diana 48, or the weight of the TX200, Or even the length of the FWB124 but it is sure easer to cock.

The HW50 is a great gun for walking around and handling, they have a great trigger but not so much fun at long sessions of target shooting. Even with all my other guns I still get great pleasure for its weight and how it handles. Very much a go to gun for pesting out around 30-35 yards.

I have two Hw30s and a HW 95. I was on the fence about the second Hw30 and getting my first Hw50. I went with the Hw30 because the laminate version was on sale. For your application I think your choice with the Hw50 is a good one, although I might choose it in 177. That's a whole other discussion. All of my Hws have Vortek kits in them and they make the guns super smooth to cock and shoot. The 50s are so popular that Vortek has three different power level kits. My 177 hw30s make about 8 fpe and still shoot smoothly. As far as accuracy goes both of mine shoot very well. Sparrows are easy out to 40 yards and beer cans @ 50yds..it does lack power for squirrels and rabbits past 30 yards. Inside of that head shots are easily made and effective. Best of luck with your 50. I'm sure it won't be long before I get one too. 

As a new guy here I lack some of the "Street Cred" of others, but as a owner of 9 springers, 2 FWB, 7 Weihrauch/Beeman,

I will share this with you.

I had 2 R7/HW30's and I sold them, they always felt small, "not knocking them or anyone who has one"

My HW50 has taken more small game than all of the others I own, combined.

If I could only have one springer it would be my HW50S.

Easy to work on and a joy to hunt with.

Good luck with the search.

download.png
1556665600_4348410295cc8d500c812d8.74920942_High Desert 001.JPG

Reactions: sonny