• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Springer air rifle for $300 or less

If your Parrus is not grouping well, especially flyers stringing vertically take a look a this post. I had this problem with mine . easy fix, but drove me crazy for a while figuring it out

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/scope-mounting-on-a-magnum-springer-and-problems-with-flyers/?referrer=1

Ron, thanks for the heads up! I'll check that when my rifle arrives, which will be tomorrow. It was supposed to be here on Friday but was delayed in shipping.

I've got the RWS lockdown mounts, a scope, some pellets, a rifle rest and some targets. I'm ready to get rocking on this beeotch. I was hoping to have played around with it on Saturday enough to have the the kids and I out shooting today, but it'll have to wait for another weekend.

For the price, I 2nd the Walther Parrus.

waltherparrus2021a.1610137461.jpg

Even now, under $150. 

Capture.1610137546.JPG

I chose the synth stock since it has that nice wide foregrip.

What.pellets are you using? .22's?

It's better to buy the Walther Parrus in 22 unless you want a 177 with a sonic crack like a Rimfire when you shoot light pellets.

Frank how often does your 177 Parrus make the sonic crack? 

My 22 Stoeger S4000E with the fat silenced barrel shroud arrived and it's sounding rather loud considering the size of the can.

It's louder than my FWB300s and HW30s and HW77s and 97s and HW50s and probably around as loud or maybe a little louder than my P17.

It's better to buy the Walther Parrus in 22 unless you want a 177 with a sonic crack like a Rimfire when you shoot light pellets.

Frank how often does your 177 Parrus make the sonic crack? 

My 22 Stoeger S4000E with the fat silenced barrel shroud arrived and it's sounding rather loud considering the size of the can.

It's louder than my FWB300s and HW30s and HW77s and 97s and HW50s and probably around as loud or maybe a little louder than my P17.

Is the .22 more accurate at sub-50 yards? Assuming all else being the same, probably about the same. Otherwise, I tend to get .177 since it's cheaper ammo.

No sonic crack yet, with either of the pellets shown above. I'm considering a DonnyFL Koi on it to make it a bit softer.

Your Stoeger is loud? Mine's a .177 and I think it's the quietest break-barrel I've ever shot, overall. Quieter than the Gamo Silent Cat, which is pretty darn quiet. I tend to use only lead.

I've not shot any of those you listed, so I can't relate. 

Having played with an under-lever now a bit, I'm almost sure I'll NOT buy one of those again. I can drive a stick, but would rather not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrYhSaMHB_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0VF4l_NI-g

Frank, do you feel like the underlever is more of an annoyance than a benefit?

I've only fired one, so my opinion is near worthless to others. :) BUUUUUT.... I won't be eager to buy another anytime soon.

The one I have is probably out-the-door soon as I find someone to trade/sell. I just wanted at least a little experience with one.

It's convinced me to not get, say, oh, an HW97K, and get something more like an HW98.