N/A Springer Accuracy?

I am curious as well. This is a typical 5 shot group from my impact at 25 yards but I have a tuned hw97k coming. View attachment 451173
My Crown .30 cal at 75 yards.
I'm still waiting for my HW97K, .20cal Bluelam.
đź‘Ť
20230529_181818.jpg

So a pcp shooting a 14g .22 at 850fps is better at a 100y then a good springer shooting a 14g .22 at 850fps? Aybe you mean a 20g slug at 1000 from a pcp .? I'm confused ..
Shooting a PCP is very simple not a lot going on with how they go off compared to a springer with all the mechanics going on ONE big difference

Shooting a PCP is very simple not a lot going on with how they go off compared to a Springer with all the mechanics going on ONE big difference
Shooting a PCP at 100 yards is very much like shooting a Springer at 30/50 yards. Every bit of inconsistent movement/breathing/wind makes a difference if your intent is to shoot 1 MOA or better;).

Shooting a PCP at 100 yards is very much like shooting a Springer at 30/50 yards. Every bit of inconsistent movement/breathing/wind makes a difference if your intent is to shoot 1 MOA or better;).
I would agree on that statement But a lot of folks think there springer can shoot as good as a pcp at range Not so

I had a Daystate Wolverine 22 caliber PCP. The whole game was to see how small I could keep the hole. Not challenging and stopped shooting it and all the rest. A springer is the most annoying, heavy, harsh shooting, inconsistent, scope eating, rattle trap of a contraption ever invented. And that’s the beauty in them.
”Hey honey, I just remembered why I married you again “!

I had a Daystate Wolverine 22 caliber PCP. The whole game was to see how small I could keep the hole. Not challenging and stopped shooting it and all the rest. A springer is the most annoying, heavy, harsh shooting, inconsistent, scope eating, rattle trap of a contraption ever invented. And that’s the beauty in them.
”Hey honey, I just remembered why I married you again “!
Gotta be on your game..lol, they aren't very forgiving.

I got my first airgun, a FWB 124d back in very early 1975. I was in the USAF, in base housing so could not shoot outside, I made a pellet trap and would shoot in the house, from one bedroom down the hall and into another bedroom. After I finally got one of the Beeman/Williams receiver sights, I could shoot little one shot groups if I did my job. Now, with more guns than I really know what to do with or need, and about 50 years later I simply cannot do that. I still like my receiver sights, but some guns have big scopes, and they are a tremendous help, especially when I pass 15-20 yards on small targets. I think there is a lot to that old saying, "beware the man with one gun" because he can shoot it well. I know that was true back in my college days when I had only had one centerfire rifle, I could shoot that thing, now with multiple guns, and being older, I do not shoot any of them that well, Same goes for the air rifles.

After I finally got one of the Beeman/Williams receiver sights, I could shoot little one shot groups if I did my job. Now, with more guns than I really know what to do with or need, and about 50 years later I simply cannot do that.
I know exactly what you mean. I still love the peep/diopter sight. The rear iron “leaf“ style sight days are gone. And if I want to know the potential accuracy of a gun, I must use a scope. However; I do still get a thrill out of hitting what I’m aiming at with a peep/diopter sight. I think it gives these tired 68 year old eyes a workout also.

Talk about eyes and problems 8 months ago I was diagnose with Fuchs’dystrophy

Fuchs’dystrophy is a type of eye disease that affects the cornea. Your cornea is the dome-shaped outer layer of your eye that helps you see.

It got worse and worse it was like looking though a bottle of water could no longer see target to shoot at and that ended my shooting.
Until a month ago I had a cornea transplant

The really good news I AM BACK can see once again to shoot

I am one happy camper​

Talk about eyes and problems 8 months ago I was diagnose with Fuchs’dystrophy

Fuchs’dystrophy is a type of eye disease that affects the cornea. Your cornea is the dome-shaped outer layer of your eye that helps you see.

It got worse and worse it was like looking though a bottle of water could no longer see target to shoot at and that ended my shooting.
Until a month ago I had a cornea transplant

The really good news I AM BACK can see once again to shoot

I am one happy camper​
That's wonderful. Kudos for not just giving up.