N/A Springer Accuracy?

I guess it's ok . I'd say a decent shooter .??

R9,30yards,stock irons ( lolly), .177cphp.

30y,R9,stockirons,cphp.jpg

Only forend rested on that ol sock . Funny how condition's outdoors can make or break a shot .. wind stunk but light and clarity was great lining it up and drawing the bead on target ..

I guess it's ok . I'd say a decent shooter .??

R9,30yards,stock irons ( lolly), .177cphp.

View attachment 452264

Only forend rested on that ol sock . Funny how condition's outdoors can make or break a shot .. wind stunk but light and clarity was great lining it up and drawing the bead on target ..
I'm honestly pretty jealous that my eyes can't use standard irons well enough to do that. I don't even think my eyes are good enough to get a lucky group that small

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
I'm honestly pretty jealous that my eyes can't use standard irons well enough to do that. I don't even think my eyes are good enough to get a lucky group that small
Well the past few years it ain't improving .. bulk size grows and sighting fuzzy.

Long past the rock steady hawkeyed 20 year old days ..lol then I'm not 90 ether.. just retarted .. I mean retired.

i was asked about the target with the gun i was shooting at the time . Just before that i was shooting HW77 and HW97 in an attempt to shoot the 30 yard challenge with a springer , tough to do .
But not impossible!

how about 1/2 page , was goofing around shooting 3 shot groups on the 30 yard challengeView attachment 452249
Wow for 30 yards, it looks great to me. Try to bump it up to 5 shot groups. I used to shoot 3 shot groups with centerfire to save money. I found 5 shot groups were much harder. 10 shot are harder than that. Powder burner shooters say 3 shot groups shows what the gun will do, 5 shows or ten shows what the shooter can do. Mental pressure and shooter errors become more prevalent as shot count goes up.

Wow for 30 yards, it looks great to me. Try to bump it up to 5 shot groups. I used to shoot 3 shot groups with centerfire to save money. I found 5 shot groups were much harder. 10 shot are harder than that. Powder burner shooters say 3 shot groups shows what the gun will do, 5 shows or ten shows what the shooter can do. Mental pressure and shooter errors become more prevalent as shot count goes up.
at first i was thinking 5 shot but then started with 3 shot

I shot groups today with my D75 that arrived Tuesday. I was curious how it liked the Air Arms pellets in the 3 different weights I have, 7.87, 8.4 and 10.3. I shot two 5 shot groups with each. The groups were all very close. For the 6 groups with 3 different weights at 22 yards the average center to center spread was .191. All I need to know, ready to compete. No clouds.

I just got a HW35e, .22 cal in from Bear-in-Grayling late this afternoon and had a little time to shoot it. I slipped an Anschutz diopter on it and went to work. First three shots at 10 -12 yards were one ragged hole. then I started adjustments. It seems like on those old German sights I always forget that H means if it shoots high you turn in the direction indicated to lower POI, R means if shooting right you turn that way to move POI left, always seems backward. I'm going to like this rifle.

I shot groups today with my D75 that arrived Tuesday. I was curious how it liked the Air Arms pellets in the 3 different weights I have, 7.87, 8.4 and 10.3. I shot two 5 shot groups with each. The groups were all very close. For the 6 groups with 3 different weights at 22 yards the average center to center spread was .191. All I need to know, ready to compete. No clouds.
So in other words you shot a few five shot groups at short range? Now take it out to 50 or 100 yards and shoot a 25 shot group.

Years ago Oldspook put out the 10 dimes targets, challenge and at that time I had a 177 Benjamin Titan. I had done everything thing possible to that rifle but it killed scopes relentlessly.
Here is a target I found that I’d posted many years ago with that rifle. I recall the distance was 25 meters. Sure was fun and challenging to shoot.
Gary
IMG_0217.jpeg

So in other words you shot a few five shot groups at short range? Now take it out to 50 or 100 yards and shoot a 25 shot group.
No, this is a 10 meter rifle I shot at 20m. I watched just a few seconds of the video but caught some thing about 100 shot group with a 6.5 Creedmore. Talk about stupid and ridicules. After about 1000 rounds accuracy will be degrading and your going to shoot 100 shot groups. I guess if you don't compete and need something to occupy your time it fills the bill, but not for me.

Guys I think the point is getting lost here. It doesn't matter if you shoot a bunch of 5 shot groups, a 25 shot group, 10 3 shot groups or even a page of one shot targets. The point is that you shoot your gun a lot to see what its behaviors are. I think the biggest point is that posting one or two SMALL groups has very little value to anyone except to the guy who shot it