N/A Springer Accuracy?

Unless the discussion is referring to a “Match Springer” as in a Feinwerkbau 300, Diana 75, possibly a Weihrauch 55, or the like, it seems to me the word “Target and Springer” are a contradiction of terms. Yet this term is used quite often with springers that shoot quarter and larger size groups at mere 20 yards. I guess I’m old school but “Target Accuracy” once meant a single hole in the dead center of a bull at 10 meters. Just wondering if I didn’t get the memo. What does “Target Accuracy” with a springer mean to yall?
Target vs Pesting?

lol .. to me it means i can reasonably expect to hit a squirrel at 30 first shot .. i would accept even 50/50 odds .. ive had my hands on maybe 10 springers in my life, only one that qualifies is a gamo big cat .22 ... but im sure, yeah, those 700$+ jobs 'better' be reasonably accurate .. to me thats a tough pill to swallow though, you got to really love springers i guess, and im sure my diana stormrider out-shoots them still .. most of em anyway ..

I always thought 1/4" 5 shot group or better at 25 yards for a high end sporter springer. Kind of similar to a 1 MOA @ 100 yard firearm which is considered accurate and guaranteed by several manufactures for generally 3 shots groups. Not saying a 1/4" @ 25 yards springer would come close to a 1 MOA firearm at 100 yards. I have gotten 1/4" groups at 25 yards at times with my FWB 124D but not the majority of times.

What does “Target Accuracy” with a springer mean to yall?

To me, a springer with "target accuracy" is basically any gun that is averaging groups between 1-1.5 moa at reasonable springer ranges. I think out to 55yds is usually pretty reasonable for them. These guns also break that moa mark relatively frequently but it isn't a guaranteed thing.

IMO "Hunting accuracy" usually means its over 1.5 moa but gets used at any range it can hold an inch or so at. I think most decent break barrels fall into this category out to at least 40yds. Some more and some less but that seems like a fair range for many with the right pellet.

Last edited:
I have 9 airguns. One is a springer. I kind of have a rotation, but I admit, I havnt nailed down something with it.... not sure what. Could be hold, could be technique. I've got a HW50, and it is VERY accurate, that I am sure. Just every time I pull it out, I have to adjust the sights. I have recently started storing it with the breech open. Maybe that will help?

FWB 300su at 25 yards, 5 shots in each bullseye, today today as a matter of fact.. thats springer accuracy to me.

IMG_20240330_131904.jpg

I’d consider “target accuracy” in a springer to mean that the gun itself is capable of MOA or less at 50 yards, (less than that for low powered guns), and also has extremely little hold sensitivity.

Of course a springer with extremely little hold sensitivity will still be more hold sensitive than most PCPs or powder burners, so achieving that accuracy will still be a challenge.

Unless the discussion is referring to a “Match Springer” as in a Feinwerkbau 300, Diana 75, possibly a Weihrauch 55, or the like, it seems to me the word “Target and Springer” are a contradiction of terms. Yet this term is used quite often with springers that shoot quarter and larger size groups at mere 20 yards. I guess I’m old school but “Target Accuracy” once meant a single hole in the dead center of a bull at 10 meters. Just wondering if I didn’t get the memo. What does “Target Accuracy” with a springer mean to yall?
Target vs Pesting?
Old Beeman .20 Goldfinger

IMG_3954.jpeg

Target vs Pesting?
Tx200 vortek HO

IMG_3945.jpeg

IMG_3947.jpeg

It means different things to different people....in the older days, hitting a pop can was accurate. Then as guns improved man created targets to shoot at. I can remember hitting one inch at 25 yes was accurate !! Then years later it was dime size at 25 yds.
Today we expect dime size at 40 yrs and many will do that. Over an inch at 50 yrs is no longer acceptable...accuracy requirements change as guns improve and will continue to do so. We always want more than what we are getting, just life !!

I have 9 airguns. One is a springer. I kind of have a rotation, but I admit, I havnt nailed down something with it.... not sure what. Could be hold, could be technique. I've got a HW50, and it is VERY accurate, that I am sure. Just every time I pull it out, I have to adjust the sights. I have recently started storing it with the breech open. Maybe that will help?
Have you checked your stock screws? There are two holding the trigger and one holding the stock in place. Tighten them down with blue loctite and let them dry overnight.