Spring sparrow strategy

OK guys I will admit the action is slowing down a little, But still 15 to 45 minutes I kill 6 to ten males easy, Lots of yellow beak young ones out, If and when I decide to take the hens out I could easy take out 30 to 40 and hour, That's going to be down the road for now , I did a double twice and the hen was standing behind the male, So there is a dead hen in the picture, Shooting the Vulcan again even took a picture of it,
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2156.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG

Reactions: qball and L.Leon
Just got back to the house from hip replacement. My wife gave me the news HOSP’ have moved into the bluebird house 🤬! Well after the necessary phone calls to square away the prescription snafus , she fetched my pill slinger and I pulled off a double , taking both male & female from the kitchen table ( I even remembered to open the window first ! ).
I was told opening the window was important 😀

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Around here the Common House Finch ... View attachment 452286
Yup them little buggers are already making stick grass and twig mess piles around the house. There attempts in getting a nest foundation on light fixtures eves gutters etc often blown down with the wind. It still does not stop the onslaught of there trying.
they seem to like a rafter right above my outdoor shooting bench .they never succeed in getting a nest built .

I caught a male doing the dirty bird shuffle trying to impress a female.. never saw that before except on the discovery channel.. I held the trigger for about 2 minutes then gave him some lead... He was wasting his time because she flew off like she didn't even know him..🤔🤔
And now, she never will 🤣🤣🤣

Had to take a day or to off crazy week, Compressor broke, Washer broke, Water well went out , Had 30 minutes to set down and take a few out , Yep a hen stepped in back of the male got her, and a stray cow bird flew up, Anyway the male sparrows are coming in from who knows where and easy picking off with the mighty 177 Vulcan, And the only reason I pick the Vulcan up over the Uragan is its got four magazine holder in the stock, And the 177 keep coming out as the winds are only 10 to 20 any more and the 22 or 25 (over kill) comes out to do the sparrow culling , 30 to 48 yards easy shots.
OOPS cow bird might be a Grackle
IMG_2166.JPG

Reactions: Scroooface
At the current time I am following your male's only shooting routine by default. My rig is set up with irons, and I don't take females without a scope, they look too close to some of the natives ...not taking a chance.
You may get different results than me , But the more males you shoot the more males come in, And the new ones seem to be very stupid, Best of luck
Mike

Reactions: Hold_Over