• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Spring sparrow strategy

I gotta get me a Martin house, I live at the edge of their range,,
Any way I set down today at took out about 21 male sparrows ,Yep did another double, the hen is in the stack somewhere,, With all the hens around the males come in like crazy one after another
View attachment 463813
You are a one man murder squad on the sparrows. Haven’t had the time to employ your technique, but will, the proof is irrefutable…🙏

Reactions: airgunmike56
I shot eight more males today, Well it got dark on me and I couldn't find 3 of the rats, I think I am going to stay males only until the spring and see what happens . I see a lot of the young ones look male like but they get a pass until I know 100% the sex, Not sure what will happen when the breeding season slows down in the fall, I know the hens and young ones will stick around as I am still feeding Cruris as what will happen next spring , Will all the hens leave to find mates or stay around and have the males come to them,,
This has been a crazy experiment, Maybe I need to go on Wild Kingdom , LOL.. I will keep posting until the moderators kick me out for wasting space, LOL
Mike
IMG_2186.JPG

LOL, Yea I get a hen every once in a while sitting behind the male, OOPS. But there is so many hens does not matter. I am sure the males are coming from somewhere down the road,Today I am.shooting the Uragan 177 with 13.43 gr pellets JSB of course , The 13.43 pellets seem to like the slower 880 FPS speed , Maybe just the Uragan gun? Found a little info on the sparrows range ,

The House Sparrow usually spends its entire life in a very small area, but flocks may fly from 3-5 kilometers (2-3 miles) from their roosts to feeding sites in grain fields. Foraging flocks and roosts sometimes contain several hundred birds (North 1973). House Sparrows may greatly outnumber all other species of native birds in some areas of Texas, e.g. in Hale County House Sparrows were found during 1965 to comprise 71% of the adult bird population (Hayes, LaMotte and Holden 1967).
IMG_2191.JPG