N/A Spring Press

The bottom line is every spring compressor pictured above gets the job done. We are only dealing with preloaded springs and not fully compressed springs here folks. I built my compressor to be a height adjustable version of the Air Venturi. Each 5mm (thread diameter) rail clamp screw on my compressor provides well over 500 pounds of clamping force when torqued to only 20 inch pounds and more torque can be applied if needed. If I thought that wasn’t enough I could add more scope rings or use rings with more screws. Does anyone know how many pounds of preload most springers have?
The naysayer didn't want to answer? LOL

You first need to know what the spring is on any rifle to know the constant.... If you want to understand, you need to look into Hooke's Law if you care too? I'm not explaining it!

You have a good design that stays centered and adjusts for height and you don't need to build a shed to store a massive contraption in. The only issues I see is if the scope rings snap, (highly unlikely)?

This would be the mount I will use for a dovetail.

Dovetail to Picatinny mount.jpg

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
The naysayer didn't want to answer? LOL

You first need to know what the spring is on any rifle to know the constant.... If you want to understand, you need to look into Hooke's Law if you care too? I'm not explaining it!

You have a good design that stays centered and adjusts for height and you don't need to build a shed to store a massive contraption in. The only issues I see is if the scope rings snap, (highly unlikely)?

This would be the mount I will use for a dovetail.

View attachment 455478
I am going to upgrade my dovetail attachment at some point and I am going to look into Hooke’s Law. Thanks for the information.