Spring Pesting In Joshua Tree!

These damn ground squirrels are doing their best to dig a basement under my house...no more! Took these two fat ones yesterday at 25 yds. with my Hatsan Flash in .22 and using flat headed JSB Match Jumbo Diabolo pellets. These pellets really hit hard! 

1585971870_18762320435e88029ef2bed6.16521111.JPG

1585971907_16632179595e8802c3c08156.69766604.JPG

Very nice! I'm a fan of wadcutters for short range pest control, and I can scarcely think of better recipients than those two fleabags.

May I also suggest these Daisy hollowpoints? 

$7 for a tin of 500. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HSWR1I

Oh I know what you're thinking. Daisies are so named because the floral scent helps to mask the odor of excrement. Indeed, Daisy pellets have always been hot garbage for me but they seem to have turned the corner with these Spanish-made pellets. Several folks over on GTA are getting good groups with them, and I am a sucker for a bargain. So much so that I have dozens of tins of pellets that are patiently waiting for the day that I take up casting.

However these hollowpoints will be spared of the melting pot. Honest to goodness, these are the first 2 groups at 30 yards from my LW-barreled QB79 HPA:

The combination of the deep cone and a soft alloy (closer to JSB than to Crosman) seems to make them capable of legitimate expansion. Here's a test done by EdinGa:

So far I've only recovered one from a squirrel and it expanded slightly, nowhere near the photo above, but I'm only using an 18fpe gun (15.3gr @ 730fps). Even so, they hit like a wrecking ball. 

I'm using the Hhades in .22 and got somewhere around 350 to 400 ground squirrels from 10 to 106 yards in the last fewdays. Have not recovered any pellets, I do not touch the disease ridden bodies, get a bunch of pass though's with what looks like lead dust out the other side. Think I got a miss as they run a few feet then bleed out. The wind is my biggest enemy even for hold over, then shoot a 5 shot group and all is well.

Thanks nervoustrig! That's a very nice grouping you have there! I'll procure some of those Daisy's for sure...I love the sound the wadcutters make upon impact.

Damn lenweber2...350-400 in a few days :0 You think word would have gotten out to stay the hell away from your place! The front fat one in my photo did just that, I knew by the sound it was a direct hit, but it ran around the corner of my building and bled out..