Spring compressor

Built a main spring compressor for my RWS 34. 6E46A0EE-99F7-47D5-B535-5699B1726678.jpegD8CACBE4-1C02-44AB-99BD-AD8593D8ADD2.jpeg

@Feinwerk @Mo-Ron
Thanks. If you click on the photo it should enlarge. It does on my browser. Copy away. I saw the basic design online somewhere and happened to have an ancient steering wheel puller stashed in my tool chest. If anyone is looking to build one the steering wheel puller part number KD2291. Mine is at least 30 years old but they still sell them online. The base is a 2x6, 19.5 inches long and the stationary end is 6 inches tall.

Need some help with an associated problem. When I rebuilt the rifle I was left with a tiny C Clip. Apparently it is supposed to be what holds the pin in the pivot of the cocking lever. I have no idea how to reattach it. To be clear, I have always considered C Clips to be definitive proof of the existence of Satan.

Last edited:
Built a main spring compressor for my RWS 34.View attachment 282484View attachment 282485
Just what I need, could you post the dimensions Please? even roughly would work, I have an air rifle I took apart to fix the barrel lock and now I need to be able to compress the gas piston just about an half inch to get the trigger mech. back in, it came apart with a makeshift compressor but no way will it work to get the dang thing back together. Thanks. P.S. I'll take any advice from anyone as to ways to get this done.

I applaud all those that have built their own. It’s something ive wanted to do for a long time, to build my own, and I’m fully capable skill set wise, but after viewing many home built versions on the internet I ended up buying a no longer available manufactured one from the classifieds here. It’s not that the home brew ones were any less better, it was totally me as I ended up “putting way too much thought” into my design in trying to make it as custom as I possibly could that I hit a wall. Then the mass and weight of this piece taking over my bench was another negative- for me, as my bench is cluttered enough.

Good job on you and the comment “right of passage” is so very true.

I used a sissor jack for mine.
It's on an old TV stand that swings out from under my basement steps.
Every bit of it, including the TV stand, was salvage. So nothing but a few minutes time to slap it together is all it cost me. View attachment 346743
Ya, been there.. also car hand crank bottle jack. That scissor type jack ive found to be handy in a few things .

This scissor jack design just sparked an idea in my tiny brain,🤔 I have a very small hydraulic jack that should take the place of the scissor style jack in the post here. I'll get a spring compressor worked up with that and give it a try.
I had one that used a small 1 Ton hydraulic jack, but the scissor jack was found in a junk pile.
I have 2 more I found and use for all kinds of stuff. The hydraulic jack is used for more important stuff now days.

I had one that used a small 1 Ton hydraulic jack, but the scissor jack was found in a junk pile.
I have 2 more I found and use for all kinds of stuff. The hydraulic jack is used for more important stuff now days.
I have a half dozen hydraulic jacks from 1 ton all the way up to 20 ton.....but not one scissor jack, the 1 ton should be perfect:)

@Feinwerk @Mo-Ron
Thanks. If you click on the photo it should enlarge. It does on my browser. Copy away. I saw the basic design online somewhere and happened to have an ancient steering wheel puller stashed in my tool chest. If anyone is looking to build one the steering wheel puller part number KD2291. Mine is at least 30 years old but they still sell them online. The base is a 2x6, 19.5 inches long and the stationary end is 6 inches tall.

Need some help with an associated problem. When I rebuilt the rifle I was left with a tiny C Clip. Apparently it is supposed to be what holds the pin in the pivot of the cocking lever. I have no idea how to reattach it. To be clear, I have always considered C Clips to be definitive proof of the existence of Satan.
Great info… can you also tell us the commercial name and source for the brackets you used… thanks… I like home made shop tools… don’t know if I need this yet… but good to know it is make able …

Reactions: Mcrafty1