• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Spotting scope : my first personal one

Finally got around to purchasing a spotting scope. I saw cheaper ones...settled on this for beginning.
Tested in parking lot🤣
I'm sure people were looking at me weird as I'm staring across the lot🤣
Came with a case too!..
Then ...rain...I'll take it to the range next time for sure!(been using some 10x binoculars, they've been ok...but past 25yards on paper is hard for them to decifer hits in which rings )
Had a coupon and $5 harbor frieght.money. got some more Allen/hex/toex pocket sets and another caliper(reads a while nother decimal place than my other)

Screenshot_20230615_142700.jpg

Screenshot_20230615_142803.jpg

One thing that really improves the use of any spotting scope is a nice firm base. The little tripods they provide can move a lot.
photography is a main part of my job and I found a low-pod we use for macro photography to be a great base on a bench.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
One thing that really improves the use of any spotting scope is a nice firm base. The little tripods they provide can move a lot.
photography is a main part of my job and I found a low-pod we use for macro photography to be a great base on a bench.

I have a tripod for my old camera🤔
Looks to be the same style of connection...I'll have to fiddle around and see of I can use it😅much thanks for the idea/suggested help!🤗🎩🤙

Oy!🤗🥴 she fitsssss!!!
Has a lift, level bubbles, up, Down, swivel, tilt,...cant?...can 360°... adjustable all around🤪🤙

20230615_151105.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I keep yrying to talk me in to one but it just one more thing i got avalanching off my bench. It stays a cluttered up mess , heck thats even after i try to clean and straighten it up.. i guess lm just destined to keep walking out the range..lol. 5 shots, walk 200y , 5 more walk it again ect, ect ,ect....🥺

I keep yrying to talk me in to one but it just one more thing i got avalanching off my bench. It stays a cluttered up mess , heck thats even after i try to clean and straighten it up.. i guess lm just destined to keep walking out the range..lol. 5 shots, walk 200y , 5 more walk it again ect, ect ,ect....🥺
That was my thought at first and planned on getting a spotting table/extra stuff table/table.for the lady 🤣
But this tripod can stand alone off to the side while we both shoot. I was.trying ti buy her a chair, she said we can grab some new buckets from.work and use those🤷‍♂️😅 so I'll end up getting some more of the bucket toppers that swivel and are padded

That was my thought at first and planned on getting a spotting table/extra stuff table/table.for the lady 🤣
But this tripod can stand alone off to the side while we both shoot. I was.trying ti buy her a chair, she said we can grab some new buckets from.work and use those🤷‍♂️😅 so I'll end up getting some more of the bucket toppers that swivel and are padded
Sounds like a plan

I got one for free and it works good. The down side is it has some sticky stuff on it that won’t come off.
I jad binoculars like that . It's " armor" rubber coating just oozed it out . Youd think it would of run out of whatever it was oozing and become dry one day.. nope. Also a steering wheel in a s10 was sticky all the time no matter what you cleaned it with.. seemed to just make it even more sticky.. yuck

Im.not expecting too much from it other than more zoom from what I'm using🥴
I expect a lot if i come off $60 .

I was hoping you did get a phone mount with it so you could post some at range pictures using it. Like how well .177 holes in copy paper show at 100y kinda thing. Or run phone video through it focused on the target to watch the hots as you shoot .. ect...

I expect a lot if i come off $60 .

I was hoping you did get a phone mount with it so you could post some at range pictures using it. Like how well .177 holes in copy paper show at 100y kinda thing. Or run phone video through it focused on the target to watch the hots as you shoot .. ect...
I have a spare phone.
Was gunna order ones of those. But this one was in front of me🥴😅
If it works good; I'll buy an adapter for the scope to put my old phone on🤪🤙

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Im.not expecting too much from it other than more zoom from what I'm using🥴
Now admittedly, mine is 6 years old so MAYBE they've upped their game. My issue with spotting scopes is I have to take off my windshields to use them. Sadly that is with all spotting scopes to my knowledge, from the one's I've used. I guess I'll break mine out again to verify.

Update 6.18.24: Dug out the HB special, At low power, it's pretty ok, as you ramp up, the edge to edge clarity goes away. Didn't see any photo chromatic aberrations or actual distortion.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1