Beeman Sportsman RS2

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know if this model was made in china or Germany?
Are they any good?
And what would the equivalent HW model be?
Many thanks
Pete.
IMG_0556.png

Only real Beeman's left are the R series rifles, the rest are Chinese junk. Had the silver version they called the Kodiak and came with .177 and .22 barrels.
Don't waste your money. Exactly like uglymike described and the breech block on mine was drilled so badly, you had to aim at least a foot and a half to the right to even hit paper.
Walmart got it back (they actually used to take returns) an hour later.

I would not consider them trash guns. The Beeman RS2 series is currently manufactured in China but they were originally Norica manufactured guns and made in Spain. @ 18-19 fpe gun. Usually, fairly long barrels & not too difficult to cock. Think stout D34 with a longer, stretched out break.
They came with two or three trigger variations but the "RS2" version is the most desirable, being a two stage adjustable trigger. Easy to id the rs2 trigger, it has two adjustment screws and the safety lever just in front of the trigger blade is angled, not curved. Far as I know, all current trigger versions are plastic.
The swappable barrels are actually pretty decent barrels.
Bottom line, they are under rated. I would consider an Airhawk the same quality manufacture wise but with a bit better trigger (T05 copy).

Last edited:
Reactions: DRose
I would consider them trash. I owned one. People have different standards. They are big and very harsh. It was early in my reintroduction to airguns. Right after two box store gamos blew up their scopes. The RS blew up its scope as well. I was chasing my tail with various springer rated scopes. It's just a very crudely made gun. I bought my first HW because I was tired of pulling my hair hair out with accuracy problems and having my teeth rattled out of my head. I disassembled it out of curiosity and threw it out. I don't care about it's origins. It was just an unpleasant experience.

Last edited: