Spoiled with high magnification

When I purchased the Air Arms S510 it came with an 8-32 Hawke Sidewinder. 
Much to my surprise it has proven to be quite useful and I seldom dial down below 24 power and find 32 power works well. 

The other scopes on my air rifles are 16 power max and I find myself wanting to dial up higher when at the bench. 

Most of the scopes on my powder burners are 9 power max so it might take some getting used to when I go hunting next fall. 
I hope I doesn’t snap the power adjustment ring off trying to zoom in for a closer look. 

When I purchased the Air Arms S510 it came with an 8-32 Hawke Sidewinder. 
Much to my surprise it has proven to be quite useful and I seldom dial down below 24 power and find 32 power works well. 

The other scopes on my air rifles are 16 power max and I find myself wanting to dial up higher when at the bench. 

Most of the scopes on my powder burners are 9 power max so it might take some getting used to when I go hunting next fall. 
I hope I doesn’t snap the power adjustment ring off trying to zoom in for a closer look.

I'm with you 👊

I'll stick with hi mag scopes. If I could find a 4fixed 2x with a decent reticle Id buy it. Optics planet has a nice one but its a "target dot".... whcih means clicking....

Ive learn to work with the wobble at high power... and have come to the conclusion that wobble is wobble, and the wobble using my 10 meter gun using mathc sights is the same as the wobble thru the 24x scope.... Nothing that practice cant sort out

Alderman,

Shooting off the bench I can understand how easy it would be to get spoiled by those high magnifications. I don't do much bench shooting except to sight in and test ammo.

I'm the same way as you with scopes on powder burners with 9x being my highest magnification. When hunting I always keep the magnification set on the lowest power because you can acquire a target much faster that way at close range. If the target is far away you will have time to turn up the magnification. I always sight in on the highest power.

For hunting I'm also a big fan of fixed power low magnification scopes in the 2x-3x range.

Dedal Stalker 6X and SWFA 10X are my fixies! The laser holograms and red dots make me look like a pro shooting rabbits on the run. But I am a hunter and 90% of shots are off-hand. I like the high magnification scopes for the bench and checking for ultimate accuracy and longer range shooting. Being old school, a 10X fixed was the military sniper scope in my era (Unertl).