Spoiled or Ruined? Either Way it Doesn’t Sound Very Good!

I had only a pcp for a while and missed the spring gun. Now I have 2 springers and only 1 pcp (I know, I don’t have the massive collection many here have). I actually really like the movement and sound of my springers!

as far as accuracy goes, I am most concerned with hitting whatever I’m aiming at more than printing small, 1 hole groups. If I can consistently hit something the first time every time I’m happy.

See, they can live together in harmony!

1559256578_1961370985cf05e02c6a2b5.10349019_C545A159-5043-4A2D-BB42-926884D511AF.jpeg

Green arrow 

Little did you know how popular your thread would take off....

As you can see, we are almost equally divided on PCPs vs. Springers....

Excellent perspectives on both technologies....

You have all convinced me...

I need to buy an AA TX 200, HW 95, or an WGU to keep me grounded!

You don't really NEED to. But you should.😃

If I could find a gas ram gun that was reasonably lightweight, 40" long or less, had decent power but didn't crush scopes, and was accurate enough to shoot 1.5" groups at 45 yards, then I'd be totally in love with it. 

Both of my break barrels are accurate enough, and I am content with how well I can shoot them.....But one is heavy as hell, and the other one swallows scopes at a disgusting rate and is as long as a pool cue so it's a pain to carry in the woods.

My Pumpers and my PCP are light, compact, powerful, and accurate. So since they are the ones I carry when hitting my target truly means something, I figure that the more I shoot THEM the better I will perform when it matters. Switching guns all the time just doesn't seem very smart.

I used to shoot trap/skeet/sporting clays, and also shot archery 3D competition......and the last thing you wanna do is take a few shots with your buddy's new gun or bow.

Well, for me, I had gotten a little way down the path of air rifles...I had bought three or four, decided that it was time to go to the next level, and at first, that next level was a good quality PCP, along the lines of the Marader. Then I began to realize that the peripherals...ie compressors, pumps, bottles, what have you...were gonna cost me more than the rifle, and I would become a slave to them. And that wasn't the reason I got into air rifles.

Then, I thought about other reasons I got into it. I WANTED to be challenged! I wanted to be able to fire the most difficult of all long arms well! So for me, the next level WASN'T PCPs! It was a TX200! So I've stayed with excellent quality springers...no, I don't have much use for the Walmart offerings, and maybe I'm a European rifle snob...but that's okay.

After all, I got into this to make ME happy! And, I'm VERY happy with my stable! I think I get it, Cherokee140! I feel ya!

My break barrels just sit. Haven't fired one in 2 years and gave one away last year. Felt sorry for the little girl that was shooting it. Yes, I'm spoiled by PCP's and the ability to adjust everything.

Just finished putting all sorts of new parts in the Marauder, much more efficient, and accuracy seems to be improving along the way as well. On the high end, I've got an Impact in .25, love shooting it. So smooth, such an easy trigger to use. No Recoil.

Thinking of selling my deer rifle, as I don't hunt any more and the recoil is really nasty. Plus, at $1 per trigger pull, can't afford to shoot it any more either. Rather put my $$ in a good PCP and enjoy shooting.

Plus, a PCP fits my style of shooting. Bench mostly, so cocking and shooting from a magazine fits me perfectly. Stopping, loading a break barrel, resetting my shooting position, firing, then doing it all again just doesn't fit me anymore.

Looking for my next Impact, this time in .22 with a slug barrel. . . . . . . . . .

I really enjoyed shooting my 135 Hatsan .30 break barrel it showed me how to be consistent with my focus and hold. I love both, they have both given me lots of great fun lol and really learning how to shoot both have made me a much better shooter. My Seneca Sumatra .22 Is teaching me how to read the wind, trajectory and many other skills I didn’t yet understand because with the 135 .30 and the 50 grain pellet it liked, wind was almost never a problem. My Seneca Aspen was for me too light so I had to learn how to breathe right and have great follow through or my poi would wander eventually I would get one hole groups at close range. I am still new to the sport but for me I don’t think of it as one being better than the other just all of them are teaching me to be a better shooter on the whole. 

........spoiled or ruined ..... i call it " cheating " . when i take my 6-7 lb .22 disco that gets around 21 ftlb for 25 shots hunting - i call it cheating. i can take eurasian dove off the phone lines at 70 yards, and i can see the pellet (and the dove duck his head) and know where to adjust for the next shot. no recoil and very quiet. very accurate for the first 'entry-level' pcp i know of - paid $185 for it before mrods came out. i later converted it to .22 (cost about $25 for caliber change) and got a hand pump. i had planned to resell that gun and bulk filled it with co2 , but i got a small bite from the pcp bug. i still like a good medium powered break barrel best (.22 rws model 94 that weighs 7 lbs and gets 19+ ftlbs and easy to cock and shoot is my other hunter) , but this disco sure has a lot more blood on it that my other airguns. and actually , i have been even too lazy to do pcp since i ended up with so many co2 carts to use. never thought i'd like co2 so much - but i have only shot targets this yr and havent pulled a trigger in months. i was born into this with a .177 diana 36 in 1985. i would choose a good spring / piston break barrel if i had to only have one airgun. - paul.

Ranedouglas if I can only have one it’s going to be my Seneca Sumatra.22. I have a on sale 40$ hand pump I use from Amazon it works great, I have all the rebuild o-rings I need for it. I shoot 4 magazines and pump it back up takes less than a minute. I love it’s adjustability and since I am old school I love the look. Not to mention it’s crazy powerful last Crony check I did with the 34 grain JSB 77 Fpe on setting 9. This is with no modifications to my rifle just how it came out of the box. I think this rifle is way underrated also there are very few pellets that I can’t shoot well out of this rifle I just have to dial-in the velocity for it. Starting Sunday or Monday when I move back home I’ll be able to work on my longer range shooting.