'Splain it to me, Lucy.

Shooting 25 Maverick today. Finishing out my strelock dope. Shooting 25g, 34g JSB. 26g fx hybrid, 34g NSA. (Weights are rounded, you know what I'm shooting)

Did I mention Maverick is compact. Basically zeroed pellets @ 30yds. I shoot slugs 100 & out. So @ 100 yds I'm shooting MOA with all 4 rounds. what am I wondering about?

@ 132 I'm shooting left 2". I hunt groundhogs. My shots will be 100 - 200 yes. It's easily correctable w/ hold over or clicks but the first shot would be a miss hunting. 

I'm going to apply a second level tomorrow. I don't think its cant. My range stays accurate. I'm going to move out to my 200yd range when it dries up enough. 

Any ideas. 

Shooting 25 Maverick today. Finishing out my strelock dope. Shooting 25g, 34g JSB. 26g fx hybrid, 34g NSA. (Weights are rounded, you know what I'm shooting)

Did I mention Maverick is compact. Basically zeroed pellets @ 30yds. I shoot slugs 100 & out. So @ 100 yds I'm shooting MOA with all 4 rounds. what am I wondering about?

@ 132 I'm shooting left 2". I hunt groundhogs. My shots will be 100 - 200 yes. It's easily correctable w/ hold over or clicks but the first shot would be a miss hunting. 

I'm going to apply a second level tomorrow. I don't think its cant. My range stays accurate. I'm going to move out to my 200yd range when it dries up enough. 

Any ideas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLMtzdbYjE

I agree with the two pieces of advice offered by shambozzie and starlingassn. Need to somehow rule out the influence of wind, and check scope alignment to the barrel in a mirror (or with a trusted laser boresighter). 

For what it’s worth, barrel indexing is largely unrelated.

👌🏾

+1

My apologies, sir.

Should I remove my suggestion of barrel indexing as a troubleshooting step?

Oh boy, now something to do @ the range beside hole punching. I'll rule in or out on the moderator pretty quickly. I'll probably switch it with another also. The indexing sounds promising. I don't understand the mirror work. I'll have to look it up. Any illucidation will be appreciated

I've been seriously toying with 700 barrel. Would be easier on gun but it sure shoots well like she is!.

Do you see a lot of difference between compact , 600, 700 barrels?

Thanks all.

Thank you for posting this video. bamaver55 .I have a FX Dreamline classic .22 that has always shot 2 inch. to the right at 80 yards. I zero the scope at 30 yards and it shoots perfect, at 50 yards I could see it starting to move right and progressing as I shot farther. Yesterday after watching the video I indexed the barrel quarter turn from 3 o'clock back to 12 o'clock and zeroed my scope,now windage is the from 30 to 80 yards. Thanks again for the help.

My name taint LUCY!! Grin.

Not much you can do about it, other than learn your rifle and apply Kentucky Windage. You most likely have a 1/24 RH twist barrel. Bullets and pellets do spiral off aim point at range. You start to see this in high powered rifles around 600 yards, with a pellet that is moving slow and has light weight, it shows up depending on the rifle from 80 to 120 yards.

My FX Crown .22 starts to wander left around 95 yards and will be two inches left at 110 yards. I do not adjust the scope and just learn what is what at what range and use Kentucky Windage.

A prairie dogs head is about two inches so if shooting at 120 just put the crosshair on the right side of his head. Also with a PCP and I do not know the reason, most of the time right after filling the rifle, regulated or not, the first shot cannot be trusted. Generally I will fire two or three into the ground and then take the first shot of the day. 

As for things like Chairgun and Strelock I consider them starting points. Generally close, however at further range close is a miss. It may take me a week and several hundred pellets to sight in a rifle every five yards and make my own ballistic chart. And each new tin of pellets has to be checked several points along that ballistic curve to see if they shoot the same or need a click or two. Yep past 60 yards pellets really start to fall, and drift. 

Cheers

Kit