Sparrows....feeder question

I'm a fan of these feeders from TSC. Holds alot of seed and allows for variety without jamming. Squirrel covers have pressure adjustments. Easy to see through for refill awareness. Best part is if you hit the plastic, it passes right through. Empty it out, slap some clear packing tape on thr inside and out, and refill. I've had several for 4 years. Each has taken a hit or two on the plastic sight glass or even the metal frame and still operated fine. At the time it may have been struck with .22LR subs at 950fps.

1000012109.jpg

I'm a fan of these feeders from TSC. Holds alot of seed and allows for variety without jamming. Squirrel covers have pressure adjustments. Easy to see through for refill awareness. Best part is if you hit the plastic, it passes right through. Empty it out, slap some clear packing tape on thr inside and out, and refill. I've had several for 4 years. Each has taken a hit or two on the plastic sight glass or even the metal frame and still operated fine. At the time it may have been struck with .22LR subs at 950fps.

View attachment 453918
9lbs....you weren't kidding about holds a lot,lol

Reactions: Buzby
9lbs....you weren't kidding about holds a lot,lol

Yep it holds plenty! The squirrels can whittle it down quickly if they're not dealt with.

It has been a learning cure to decide how to hang them as far away from the tree as possible with as little surface area while doing so. I settled on these 15" rebar hooks that have held up well. Even if the squirrel hangs on the tree and leans over they usually can't reach the feeder unless they work together.

Secured to the tree using GRK R4 screws #10x3"

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4LHFIA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

1712792092223.png