• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Spa M10 100fpe .22

ok, M5 is 70% stronger then one M4, so allready there you have 70% more with an M22 compared to M10/11

You are right, it is always best to be safe, but still if the force is 50kg on the bolt at most, an M5 12.9 will be super safe either way..

//// I allready did make room for that safety factor = 5, and still have room for another 7X safety factor for ONE M5 12.9 bolt... Im just asking, why overdo something when extra safety factor is like 7 times more then you will need?

sorry, didnt mean to get anyone upset, I think you missunderstood me. I was just saying it is probably no gain of making an extra bolt to be secure when the security factor is 7X, and the 70% is what you gain in strength going from M4 to M5 in area....

Sorry again, I will leave your M10 thread alone, wasnt my purpose to make you upset, just thought the M22 and M10 is so close related that it qould be fine asking and discussing this here 😞

I think what you did to your M10 is super nice and Im impressed

Well the thing that gets me upset is none of ur numbers match up and the fact you cant understand difference between cutting force that screws bolts etc are not really designed for and typhical holding force. There is no safety factory of 7x and 5mm 12.9bolt dosent hold for 1700kgs and all the other nonesense you are spitting out. That bolt have snapped in many ocasions as you can see from gta thread and spitting bullpoop like that might end up someone increasing power of M10/11 without doing anything to it and end result might relly easily be fatal head trauma. If you want to keep that bs going please start your own thread and keep it there. 

Jiikuu..always great to se the updates on that custom built..I finish my almost 7 months ago but have not been able to tested well ..work give me no time...this is how it rest finished in a box in my shop..let's se if this next lock down give me time to shoot it. 

20201203_200423.1607040380.jpg

I understand, but could you please show me the mods you did to your bolt, so we can do the same, better safe then sorry of course, cant find the pictures of the bolt secure thing..

And please, dont get so hard worded, we are all in this together . lets make it fun and learn, maybe i did overrated that M5 bolt a bit, but lets make it even safer... :)

peace

There is picture of the bolt with milled L shape rail in this thread. There is now 2 locking points on bolt. Otherone is the orginal screw that is cocking hammer and otherone moves in that L shape rail and is made out from M8 stopscrew with 6mm thick bar that is moving in that rail and working as second locking point. Sorry man but I take safety really serious when it comes to mods I show. I dont want anyone to follow and get injured. 

Very enamored with your build. On the Raptor, I should have a custom valve soon. A Don Cothran. It hopefully with be a prototype. I added an Accu-Tac G2 bipod and just installed a Ergo Zero Angle grip. Makes bench work much easier. The AccuTac is built like a tank. Very impressive and stable. 

I just changed out the .223 barrel and am testing a Superiors Heavy liner for a little research. So far, so good. I had dismal results with it choked, and removed it. Much better but not impressed. Every Bullet I tried was scattering. I decided to try the HP pictured above. I mainly Hp'd it to move the CG Rearward. Boy did it work. But have only tested at short ranges. Testing more in a few minutes. It is heavy CF Wrapped to end up with a full bull barrel with CF for stiffening extending the full length into the action block. 

I am considering making an new air tube a bit longer as is featured on the full size Raptor. Mine started as a Mini. So more work ahead. LOL!

This really is never ending isn't it. 

I'll know more shortly.

The spitzer you show looks all the world like a 338 .257 Lyman of old. Extremely accurate in My Talon/Dor .257. ;<)

Knife

Damn that bipod is on my wishlist too! Wonder how that new valve will work on 257. Stock raptor seems to be bit too tame for 257.

It really is never ending 🙄

DSC_0009.1607094558.JPG

Haha that 388lyman is superb. I run 257388arsenal through my texan 😉

Jiikuu, No problems, this is a forum, easy to get "upset" och "say things wrong". I agree 100%, better be safe.

I just checked, my M22 bolt is only M4, not good... Im thinking of just drill that M4 hole that goes threw the bolt with a 4.2mm drill and make a new M5 thread and put in a M5 12.9 instead, I think it will almost fit, maybe the head of the bolt need some small shaving, and the groove in the aluminum where the bolts head secures also needs small amount work with a dremel, at least this gives me 62% more meat(Area) (M5 compared to a M4)

thanks

Amazing gun in .25. I got an M22 and an M11.

Refinished the stock on M22, put in 2 hair curlers after telescoping the shroud out a little. Very silent. I also replaced the stock reg with an Audrius (further enlarging the already large plenum). Replaced the hammer spring with dual springs to increase 70 joule shot count to around 25. Very accurate at 70m with JSB King Heavy ll. Only had to replace the stock gauge by a 3.5usd m8 unit from Aliexpress because it was inaccurate and then broke because I overtightened it.

M11 just arrived as well. It has a sleeker look with the well-made silencer. The beech has a very nice grain, I am starting to take to the unusual pale color. The stock reg and internal power plenum are the same as on the M22. I decided to keep the stock reg after replacing the piston o rings and turned it clockwise 2 hours. Very consistent 70 j again with the Heavies. The M4 cocking pin on the M11 is undersized, making for grittier cocking (M22 by contrast is smooth). I am gonna tap the bolt for a M5. The other difference with the M22 is that the M11 lacks a HST adjuster. But I was able to tune it fine with twin hammer springs and a coupla shims. Had to grind down the HST cap down a couple mm to avoid coil bind.

Love them both!

🐦