• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Southwest Airgunners Silhouette and FT matches June 9th and 10th, 2023

There will be an Aspen Mountain match on the second weekend of June, two weeks from today.

As we've done in the past, sub 20fpe silhouette match on Friday evening. Any position allowed in a field target match is legal for this silhouette match. Ram, turkey, pig, chicken, chicken at 40, 50, 60, 70 yards. And if the wind is reasonable, distances might be 50, 60, 70, 80 yards. Shoot through twice for a total possible score of 40. One shot per target, move on to next if you miss.

Saturday morning will be the rifle field target match. AAFTA type rules, targets from10-55 yards and guns producing less than 20fpe. Likely 13 lanes as we've done in the past (possible score of 52).

Saturday after lunch will be the pistol field target match. This will also loosely follow AAFTA pistol match rules. Targets from 10-35 yards and guns producing less than 12fpe.

Preregistration is not necessary, we're just not that formal.

In the past these weekends have turned out to be a full weekend of airguns. Lots of plinking and general enjoyment. Most of us will be camping. There are no facilities, we're just out in the woods, so bring food and water if planning to camp. Plenty of tall Ponderosa pine, Gambel oak and spruce trees in the area providing shade for camping and the matches.

Location is just over the border into New Mexico from Alpine Arizona, and just south of Luna, NM. Elevation of about 8600feet above sea level.

This link from last year's match announcement has a map and GPS coordinates, as well as links to previous match reports with lots of photos, giving an idea of what to expect.

Come join in the fun! PM me with any questions and I'll do my best to get back to you promptly.

Was just checking the extended forecast for Luna area and they're talking highs of 75-78 and nighttime temps in the low 40s, with slight chances of rain. Beautiful!

I live about 2 hrs away from the match site, at just under 6000feet. My work is about 7000feet. The last couple weeks the weather has been amazing, highs around 80 on the warmest days, and lows around 40. So, I've really been enjoying this weather and glad to see it'll be more of the same for the camping and airgun shooting weekend over by Alpine, AZ/Luna, NM.

I was asked to add that Norman is going to do a dutch oven dinner for us on Friday night. Same dutch oven chef that cooked for us over at the Duncan AZ match and that was mighty delicious. The way we did it there was to donate a bit of money to offset the cost of the food and I suspect that next Friday up in the pines at this June match will be the same.

PXL_20230602_214423067.jpg

Finding some time to do a little cheating (practice).

Haven't shot the little 1720 in a while so mostly checking dope for next weekends pistol match. But could also be considered practice, which has been decided by some that it gives an unfair advantage.

hey Cole is your pistol stock 2 piece?

Just one piece Jim.

Here's some better photos and more info..

Won 2nd or 3rd at the AZ state match last year with it, Hunter class. I remember being shocked to get all the offhand shots, but don't remember if it was 4/4 or 8/8.

Super accurate little pistols, the 1720ts, pure shame that Crosman seems to have discontinued them.

We'll miss you this weekend. Me and the sons are headed to the match tomorrow morning.