• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events Southwest Airgunners FT and silhouette match in Duncan, AZ on Nov 3/4 of 2023

Tom H has graciously agreed to host another airgun weekend on his property!

To give an idea of what to expect, here is the match report from the first one, back in April.

This match will take place the 1st weekend of November.
  • The silhouette match will be on Friday, November 3rd at 4pm. Use your normal sub20fpe field target gun and shooting position. Targets will be at either 40, 50, 60, 70 yards, or possibly 50, 60, 70, 80 if the wind is really calm that day. 1/5th scale animals: ram, turkey, pig, chicken, chicken at each distance. One shot per target, shoot through twice for total possible score of 40. (Chickens are about the size of a 50cent piece.)
  • The AAFTA style match will be the next morning, Saturday November 4th at 930pm. Rex (match director) says he's planning on a 10 lane, 60 shot match. (3 targets/6 shots per lane.
And we're all cleared for camping there on Tom's property, right by the silhouette and field target courses.

Match fee is $15 and gets you the silhoutte match, the field target match, and some of Norman's biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning before the rifle match. I've had the pleasure of a couple of his meals now, and they've been delicious each time.

Directions to Tom's property in the announcement link from April's match....

Post here or PM me with any questions.

Hope to see you there.

Just a reminder that we're one week away.

For anybody shooting the AZ State Match in a few weeks, this will be great practice.

And for the springer shooters, this is at about 3600 feet of elevation so no concern with ruining your gun like at the higher elevation AZ summer matches.

Good opportunity for all, Rex runs a good match.

Reactions: MysticalDragon
The extended weather forecast looks pretty good as of right now for the end of next week. Subject to change; this is AZ after all.
Especially for guys like me that haven't quite figured out that "shooting in the wind" thing.......
1698502134414.png