• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Source for Air

There are a range of cheap compressors that will fill / resupply any gun tank just fine, these can be both 12 V or mains powered. But thats also about as much as i know on this topic as i have not studied it much yet.

Alternative you can buy a diving air tank, and have it refilled at your local dive store, this is practical if you have such a store near buy, if you live in the middle of the country such store might be few and far between.

I got my tank at the local store, and got a 10 turn card for refilling of my own bottle, or renting one similar to it. There are plenty of shots in a 10 - 12 L bottle in you are shooting one of the smaller normal calibers, the bigger caliber guns of course burn thru air fast as they need a lot of it to push those big pellets / slugs, but .177 - .22 and .25 you have plenty of joy in a dive bottle.

I would personally go for a 300 bar bottle, even if your gun do not support that high pressure, just be mindful on your guns pressure gauge when filling it up, the additional pressure in the 300 bar big tank just mean more shots at lesser pressure.

Just be sure your local store can do those kind of pressure refill.

Steel tanks are cheaper, and just fine if you are fit and dont have to carry the tank a long way to where you shoot, if you do a cart of some sort for your gear are fine. Otherwise there are ALU tanks and Carbon fiber tanks.

Here in DK steel tanks have to be pressure tested every 10 years, alu and carbon tanks i think are every 5 years,,,,, i am personally contemplating getting a slightly smaller but higher pressure carbon bottle as i am old and declining in health, and the steel tank are getting heavy carrying it down from my #2 floor apartment.

The scuba store probably can not be bothered with a small gun air tank, but a big dive bottle they can do, and of course you dont have to get a humongous bottle, there is also smaller tanks if need be.

you can also tune your gun down, if you dont shoot far and dont need the smack to kill something, then you can lower your pressure just fine and get many more shots on a fill of your gun, the smaller / lighter the pellet you have to push the less pressure you need to do that.

Yes, as stated filling the gun alone would get expensive fast. I used a hand pump at first also, then graduated to a small 90ci tank then to a Yong Heng compressor and later added a larger Great White tank. I am finally where I want to be in terms of air capacity. I can shoot pretty much all I want and not run out of air.

Having gone through this already were it me I would go for the Yong Heng first. It is the best compressor for under $1000 and only costs a bit over $300 then later on get a carbon fiber tank. Be sure you get the "Hardcopy" or "Set Pressure" models, in your flavor of voltage, the others are not acceptable for our sport.

Nothing wrong with renting one of the big steel tanks either but they cost quite a bit more in the long run. 

These compressors are available in many places just be sure you get the right model.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32824234795.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.productList_13760454.subject_2

I don't think there are any good compressors under $500. Some guys do the Amazon one, that they have to use the bucket of water and moisture filter and it seems like a lot of work and not portable. Some guys like it though and more power to them. I bought the Omega Trail for $850 at AOA and I love it, it's both portable and fills quickly and is water cooled. The compressors at $500-$650 was just so much lower quality and had a lot of bad reviews and returns. AOA said they get a lot of compressors back except Omega.

I honestly don't know a fire station that would turn you away if you wanted to buy an SCBA tank set up and just fill for free as much as you want. I have guys come by all the time and fill up that are not firefighters, just local guys that love to shoot. They knock and, it's always, sure bro come on in. Hell it's just air. Go by your local station and run it by the guys, they will say come anytime. Get the bottle and Stikboy from airtanksplus.com and you are good to go for under $500 for as many fills as you want.

"I honestly don't know a fire station that would turn you away if you wanted to buy an SCBA tank set up and just fill for free as much as you want."

Many have found this to be incorrect. Some firestations will fill tanks for air gun use (mine would) but MANY simply will not, according to reports on this forum where such has been discussed at length.

Yong Heng compressors CAN work very well (many here, myself included, have multiple years of use with them) but they also seem to suffer a relatively high failure rate. Buying the best you can afford is usually a good way to go.