Sound-Loc baffle blowout

I was shooting my Condor SS .25 yesterday and destroyed the baffles. I was shooting 26gr slugs. Sent two to the target, shot a third but couldn't find the hole (assumed it went through an existing hole), shot a fourth, and as I tilted the rifle forward I heard debris noise in the DonnyFL Sumo. Took the cap off the end and found source of the sound (see pic). Even had to take the Sumo apart to get the plastic out.

I've put hundreds of pellets through it. I've put dozens of slugs through it. Same pack of slugs as this one. It's been great to shoot up till now.

I've done TT's hammer and spring. Power setting was very low (a 2, maybe a three). Last test with pellets had it pushing about 920fps with JSb 25gr. Tank was around 2500psi.

1585363215_12108507025e7eb90fa59ef5.36590005.jpeg

Did I do something? Has this happened to others? Any suggestions on what went wrong? Thanks.

I didn't see any damage to the body, barrel, or cap, so I order replacements and will try again. But I'll stick to the JSBs for now. 

Purely a guess but I wonder if one had a defect or after repeated blasts from high pressure air it shifted just enough to partially block the slugs path and was finished off by the slug and last bit of air blew it forward. A pellets skirt being thin may have only had shown clipping instead of the slugs destruction.
Looking at the type of destruction it looks like a solid baffle strike did you find any lead in the pile of baffle? In the pick can’t tell if that is chunks of lead or reflection but that could be your 3rd slug and why the 4th shot freely nothing in the way anymore.

🤓

Correct, Chuck. They are from the Condor, not the Sumo. The Sumo was fine: no damage to the metal, the screen, or the felt. Just a small scratch on the underside of the adapter. I just took it apart, removed the plastic bits, and reassembled it. 

So was it just a freak misfire that sent the slug off balance and it clipped the baffle? That's my guess. I've just never seen anyone else experience this (not that I've seen on here anyways). I wanted to see if it has happened before and if there is anything I should be aware of to avoid this again. The baffles are only $10, so it's not the end of the world.