• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sortie Adjustments

First I would like to thank all of people who responded to my previous Sortie questions. My Sortie is acting up again and I need more advice. The bolt does not retract far enough to allow the magazine to rotate. It does retract enough to cock the gun. Would like to correspond by email at "[email protected]" or text me at 614-886-0904 with anyone who can help me. 

It seems as if there are two kind of sorties. The ones that do not work and the ones that work very well. I wonder what the difference is. I know that the sortie with a wood stock I bought from Spain has a different frame (no hammer set screw slot) than the refurbished one I bought from HATSAN-USA which has a slot in the frame allowing access to the hammer set screw. But are there any other differences. One Sortie owner I received a comment from changed the hammer spring (used longer and lighter spring) and the hammer adjusting screw (put in shorter screw) to get his Sortie to work. My two sorties will fire semiautomatically but the bolt does not completely retract back to allow the magazine to rotate so only the first pellet is fired. Also it takes an extreme effort to cock the bolt .

i have seen some really mixed feedback on them. they either work or they don't......i ordered mine in the US. it is the tactical model with the folding buttstock. it didn't come with much of a manual & i don't seem to be able to find much on line. where is the hammer set screw slot (& what does it do)? i can't even find an exploded view to understand the mechanics of it. the issue i had was that once in a while the bolt wouldn't seat all the way forward & it would not fully load the next pellet. it seemed to be a pellet feed issue more than anything........... changing to the domed pellets seemed to fix it. 

if anyone has info on maintenance or tweaks pls share :)

thanks

If you have trouble with the bolt staying back then you have the hammer screw too loose or too tight. there is a sweet spot. this gun does not like to be altered for power too much. Try backing out the hammer adjustment or tightening it up and it should fix your issue. I had an issue where the hammer kept backing out even with the grub screw tight so i used an old ball bearing set and I now have over well 2k rounds through my sortie. 

My problem is that the bolt doesn't retract completely to allow the magazine to rotate at normal pressures. It will fire as often as you pull the trigger but only the first pellet will fire. But for some reason it will fire properly in semi-auto at low (100-120 bar) pressure and the magazine does rotate at these lower pressures .

Does you Sortie have a breech o-ring seal? Hatsan-USA says there should be a black o-ring at the breech that seals around the bolt. My two Sorties do not have these breech seals. Possibly they increase the blowback pressure to move the bolt farther to the rear when fired. This would allow the magazine to rotate.