Sorted and unsorted JSB redesigned 25.39 thru my RAW HM1000X @ 100 yards

20220706_090423.jpg
20220706_085547.jpg
20220706_094956.jpg

Cleaned the barrel then shot on the left target to season it some and find my 100 setting on my scope. Our range very seldom is calm and most of the time if you have 4 wind flags they will be going 4 different directions...SO..I shot for grouping and there was no wind hold to try and get a fair comparison.The stickers are 1 MOA . Targets numbered 1&2 are 10 shot group shot with head sized and weight sorted, the winds died down to about nothing so then I shot target 3 10 shot group which were right out of the tin unsorted, then the winds picked back up and group 4 was a 10 shot group head sized and weighed.Group 5 was a 5 shot group right out of the tin unsorted and group 6 was a 5 shot group head sized and weighted. I tried to shoot the group's consecutive after each other to try and get a fair comparison. It's a crude test but about all I can do at the range I shoot out...dead calm seldom happens here. I am still a firm believer in sorting for longer distances like 50 and above.Comments or input???

Last edited:
Good shooting Rich,
With my RAW, i get roughly the same results shooting at 100 yards with 18.13 grain FX/JSB's.
I shoot virtually at the same type of range pictured. The wind is easily the biggest obstacle - I mean any wind.
However, on one of my last range visits - was shocked to have 3 of 5 (5) shot groups under 1 MOA using ZAN 22 grain (2.17 slugs?

Wa going to shoot yesterday or today, but someone gave me Covid at work. Writing this post in quarantine......

Reactions: ThomasT
Good shooting Rich,
With my RAW, i get roughly the same results shooting at 100 yards with 18.13 grain FX/JSB's.
I shoot virtually at the same type of range pictured. The wind is easily the biggest obstacle - I mean any wind.
However, on one of my last range visits - was shocked to have 3 of 5 (5) shot groups under 1 MOA using ZAN 22 grain (2.17 slugs?

Wa going to shoot yesterday or today, but someone gave me Covid at work. Writing this post in quarantine......
Have'nt had the desire or need to try slugs. ANYBODY with a runny nose or sniffle has covid, but colds or just the same ole influenza people get every year has vanished....its just amazing. You will recover, take care.

Reactions: rsfrid
Good shooting Rich,

Hopefully you recover quickly , don't hesitate to go to the ER if you get to coughing alot. I am still fighting the fatigue after 16 days.