• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Sorted 1000 FX 25.39 pellets

I got sick of doing all that, and STILL getting the occasional flyer. Probably better to sort like Mike Niksch does and find good LOTS of pellets, then buy a couple years' worth. Problem with that is unless you buy them by the CASE, you won't know what the lot number is. It's not on the can, and it's not on the 5-tin sleeve or box.
Better still, sh!t can the .22 RDMs, eject them from your life, and shift to .25 King Heavy, either Mk1 or Mk2, depending on what your gun likes best. I shot my RW at EBR for both 75-yard qualifiers, and the 100-yard final, and had ZERO flyers. It was time to fish or cut bait, and I made the correct decision when shifted from .22 to .25. Not only do they have a slightly better BC, but they are slightly easier to see in flight, and on the targets. I did sort mine but there were two piles, 33.7 to 33.9, and 34.0 to 34.2 grains. Out of two tins (600 pellets), only 25 to 30 were outside that range. And I didn't bother head sizing at all...
Centercut,

I agree big pain to sort….I have DW .25 and wash and sort Jsb 25.39, but I have proved to my self washing and sorting by weight will get you closer on paper for those of us hunting for the elusive hole in hole….lol