• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Soon to be New gun owner

These guys are really knocking down the high startup cost of a PCP. The lithium powered compressor looks very practical as a first compressor.

That cs1 portable mini looks tempting. Any experience w these?

I don't have a lot of money to be throwing around and I shouldn't be spending anything right now but I figured the little bit larger, better quality less noisy offshore pos compressor will give us a better 1st time exp. I haven't seen or used any of these compressor's or haven't any exp with any but I believe there all the typical Harbor Freight junk. An 032 on the way direct.

I first looked at all those smaller single cyl comp and it was mostly good reviews(good reviews with extreme maintenance outweigh bad reviews normally) but the few bad ones were really bad.

Last edited:
I received the rifle I assume it's a 1st generation made in 2010? It has this threaded portion on barrel what's it for, a modulator?

image.jpg

Attachments

• 99083330-E7E0-431F-80AD-483EFBB90ADF.jpeg
    99083330-E7E0-431F-80AD-483EFBB90ADF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
The tuxing is just a twin cylinder yong heng I think. I'm on my fifth year with my yong heng that I paid 225$ for. If you buy a yong heng you can use the saved money to buy a acecare 6.8l bottle and fill station like I did. The tuxing might be a great piece. I'm not familiar with it. It seems expensive to me for what it is. Welcome to pcp airguns. This is a great place to ask questions and get opinions.
Not even remotely close. The Tuxing is a two cylinder water cooled compressor with built in water separators that you can actually hold a conversation by and with, on the proper model, auto shut off. I've written my trials with one on the compressor forum and am quite happy with it. Would i use it 8 hrs a day..most likely not but it's a darn good value IMHO Fill time on 78cf from 3000psi to 4500 psi is 21 min. Barely breaks a sweat.

I don't have any air yet or a way to clean the barrel, I don't have any pellets either. I did however fire 30 rounds through it as it had over 2500 psi air and the guy sent me 3 magazines which were loaded. Safe to say it fires and holds air! I have to find the thread on the best pellets for these? I have some squirrels over here driving my Husky crazy, Jody like a melody

image.jpg

Reactions: Skiffy52
I don't have any air yet or a way to clean the barrel, I don't have any pellets either. I did however fire 30 rounds through it as it had over 2500 psi air and the guy sent me 3 magazines which were loaded. Safe to say it fires and holds air! I have to find the thread on the best pellets for these? I have some squirrels over here driving my Husky crazy, Jody like a melody

View attachment 311658
I have a .22 F&T Marauder that I fill with a hand pump. I can recharge my gun in about 5 minutes and the hand pump has almost no maintenance to it. It's reliable and I can take it with me anywhere and refill my gun without needing a power source. The hand pump is a reliable way to fill your Marauder and save a little money while you save up for your next step up in PCPs and compressor in my opinion.

Not even remotely close. The Tuxing is a two cylinder water cooled compressor with built in water separators that you can actually hold a conversation by and with, on the proper model, auto shut off. I've written my trials with one on the compressor forum and am quite happy with it. Would i use it 8 hrs a day..most likely not but it's a darn good value IMHO Fill time on 78cf from 3000psi to 4500 psi is 21 min. Barely breaks a sweat.
Is the way the connecting rods different? What kind of rings on the pistons. If those things havent changed it is a souped up yong heng. If I'm spending 1000$ on something I'd want some longevity engineered into it. If I've got to fix it every 25 bottles I'd stick with the yong heng. I've only read about the texting after my post so I'm not sure about it. Not enough of them out there running hard to make a solid opinion about. I've got to say that my yong heng has functioned flawlessly for the last 5 yrs. Its loud but at 225$ delivered to me it's the best airgun investment I've made. I'm going to keep reading about these tuxtings and maybe you can convince me of their value for the dollar.

Is the way the connecting rods different? What kind of rings on the pistons. If those things havent changed it is a souped up yong heng. If I'm spending 1000$ on something I'd want some longevity engineered into it. If I've got to fix it every 25 bottles I'd stick with the yong heng. I've only read about the texting after my post so I'm not sure about it. Not enough of them out there running hard to make a solid opinion about. I've got to say that my yong heng has functioned flawlessly for the last 5 yrs. Its loud but at 225$ delivered to me it's the best airgun investment I've made. I'm going to keep reading about these tuxtings and maybe you can convince me of their value for the dollar.
How would I know if the connecting rods are different? I've got a pare one I haven't had to fix the thing except for a ECU that the sent me. I have other hobbies than to mess with a YH. If you love it then great no problem, all I said was that they were different. They did send me a spare piston assembly, I could take a pic of it and you could make the comparison.

Hi Delta, Hey may be I missed it,sry, Where did you get the rifle from? Private seller? If so did they tell you what pellet worked best in the rifle? I'd steer you towards a YH and the needed skill set to keep 1 running,,minimum maintenance,more like preventive maintenance (which is simple and easy ) and tell you to buy pellets and targets.

Oh, welcome to AGN and the hobby of air rifles. it's an affordable hobby for one's such as you and me. And if you happen to gain in liquid assets you'll be able to acquire more high end rifles. 1 aspect of the rabbit hole/hobby. The Maruader is a pretty good start. I've started with the Hatsan FlashPup in 22cal. I didn't like it at 1st but I really like it now. Very,very accurate inside of 50 yds with JSB Hades 15.89gr pellet nd JSB 18gr pellet.,, A BIG peice of advice,,DO NOT buy your pellets thru Amazon or Other,,I only buy my pellets from Pyramid Air. They have the BEST packaging. Pellets are fragile and damage easily in shipping. good luck

I purchased the rifle through eBay. The seller was tasked to sell items of an estate of a friend who was an avid shooter with multiple air guns, compressor and every other sort of thing related to pcp air rifles. I bought the mrod, optics and 3 mags with it. The seller said he was sending pellets, I was expecting several tins of various brands and received what was in the mags. Thanks for the info on pellets.