• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Soon to be New gun owner

I've purchased a 1st gen .22 cal Maruader, not in possession yet. I've been scrambling for a week on how to power this and thought I could use a free scuba tank which as you know and now I know they can only fill to 3000 and the scba shop told me I wouldn't be happy with it after filling the gun once or twice, so I've decided to buy a compressor. I was originally gonna buy a Tuxing 032 which are 1109 now on Amazon but I think the 031 would work just as well for filling a rifle? I'd be saving several hundred. What else would I need to buy in order to get started with this setup?

I just can't wrap my head around any of these lesser priced compressor's no matter how many reviews I read on them. I'm aware that a real compressor is over 4,000, that's not gonna happen. A first time shooter probably needs that guppy tank but the filling station is an hour away for me!

With the level i shoot i shoot a 12 L 300 bar tank down to 110 - 120 bar in a month, so i just get that filled once a month, about 5 min drives from here i live at a fellow shooters mercy.
I am going to get a lesser compressor and then just boost my tank up to 300 bar every 2 time i shoot.
Probably one of the 2 cylinder tuxing compressors, which are about 500 bucks depending on accessories on it.

Do as Scotty1 suggested! Smart guy who's advice is on the money. I had a Marauder gen2 for a minute. At that time I had a SCUBA tank & it worked fine for that gun (now I have a YH compressor & 4 SCBA's). IMHO you won't be satisfied with just a guppy tank. Not enough fills to make your drive worthwhile. Don't form any pre-conceived notions about Yong Hengs! Once they're set up they're easy to use & if you "follow the rules" of maintenance & safety you'll be air independent for a good long while. I'm in my 3rd year with mine & any problems I've had were very minor & resolved within minutes.

The tuxing is just a twin cylinder yong heng I think. I'm on my fifth year with my yong heng that I paid 225$ for. If you buy a yong heng you can use the saved money to buy a acecare 6.8l bottle and fill station like I did. The tuxing might be a great piece. I'm not familiar with it. It seems expensive to me for what it is. Welcome to pcp airguns. This is a great place to ask questions and get opinions.

Reactions: yeagger
I started out with a .177 Marauder and hand pump. I got tired of the hand pump and didn’t shoot as much because of it. Recently got a .25 caliber Impact and knew I‘d need more air so I purchased at GX CS2 pump to go with it. Now I shoot both as much as I want. Eventually I’ll get a large carbon fiber tank and fill it myself but I’m happy for now.

Reactions: maxtrouble
The tuxing is just a twin cylinder yong heng I think. I'm on my fifth year with my yong heng that I paid 225$ for. If you buy a yong heng you can use the saved money to buy a acecare 6.8l bottle and fill station like I did. The tuxing might be a great piece. I'm not familiar with it. It seems expensive to me for what it is. Welcome to pcp airguns. This is a great place to ask questions and get opinions.
No, it's actually water cooled with a radiator and fans, they are pretty much plug and play if you get the good one. AND you can hold a conversation next to it and not go deaf.

I've been on the compressor section somewhat and I've read about numerous brands and you can be more confused on a brand after reading someone else's experience. It's all good advice, I don't have enough time in the day to research them all. One that stood out is any compressor between 500 and 2000 is not the right way to go! The poster had two YH at less than 300 ea and was able to rebuild them when needed for 40 bucks, he would always have a functioning unit. If I bought a tank from Joe I believe it is, A Great white! Those are more than a compressor, and just getting started I have to weigh my options! I'll make a decision by tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

These guys are really knocking down the high startup cost of a PCP. The lithium powered compressor looks very practical as a first compressor.

I started out with a .177 Marauder and hand pump. I got tired of the hand pump and didn’t shoot as much because of it. Recently got a .25 caliber Impact and knew I‘d need more air so I purchased at GX CS2 pump to go with it. Now I shoot both as much as I want. Eventually I’ll get a large carbon fiber tank and fill it myself but I’m happy for now.
I did this routine for my AV Bullpup.
I suggest buying an in-line one way valve for safety, increased compressor life and simplicity.
I got one from airtanksplus.com for $60 shipped.
I have the same compressor and the White Shark tank set from Joe Brancota

Last edited:
I know that is the consensus about scuba tanks and in my opinion it isn’t entirely true at all. First a marauder will work best under 3k psi being non regulated. You could take that scuba tank and tether it (I know not always convenient ) to the gun and shoot very consistently probably all day long off that 80 cu ft of air. Certainly don’t pass on a free one. It would actually be highly useful.

Reactions: Mr303