• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results đźŚµSonoran Desert Grand Prix RESULTS and Pictures

Yes, great shooting to Scott Hull in Hunter with the modified Skyhawk, and to Phillip Hepler coming all the way from NC to tie Scott’s score with his Red Wolf. (Scott won in a shoot off).

Overall Top score was Bill Corder shooting WFTF with a Thomas. Amazing shooting in that wind with a 12 FPE gun! Interesting, I've been to three AAFTA tournaments since I started shooting FT last Fall (AZ State, CA State, and this one) and Bill has had high overall score in two of them and finished 2nd at AZ State! 

Congrats also to Kelly and Cameron, and a big thanks to Phoenix Airgun Club and Garrett for a superbly run tournament!

Those were the wackiest winds I've ever shot in, that's in over 23 years of FT! I gotta say congrats to the winners for sure, they earned it!

Giving my #1 funkiest shot that brought on a headshake, a 3/4"KZ at 26Y, which seemed like a 3-4 mph wind, I aimed on the left edge of the KZ which would normally put the pellet dead center, but instead it hit well out of the KZ on the right side????!!!!!! Sadly that was the story of day 2 for me. But the match was a lot of fun nevertheless. Glad ole Centercut talked me into going.

Crazy that Bill has gotten that good, GREAT shooting, and way to represent AZ, along with ThomasAir! 

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. For sure there was some outstanding shooting going on. Unlike me that made a fatal mistake shooting on a wrong lane costing me all those shots! But hey, something else to laugh at, right Dave “#4” Corder? LOL. 

Another thanks goes out to AOA for their sponsorship. And, to those shooters that volunteered to help out.

We are already excited about next year, and plans are already in the works. 

cheers. 
Garrett

... Unlike me that made a fatal mistake shooting on a wrong lane costing me all those shots! ...

cheers. 
Garrett

I've done that a couple of times at big matches. Not really fatal but a significant hit on the score card. But you still did a great job of running the match, again. I look forward to the Sonoran Desert match every year.

Thanks everyone for the kind feedback. For sure there was some outstanding shooting going on. Unlike me that made a fatal mistake shooting on a wrong lane costing me all those shots! But hey, something else to laugh at, right Dave “#4” Corder? LOL. 

Another thanks goes out to AOA for their sponsorship. And, to those shooters that volunteered to help out.

We are already excited about next year, and plans are already in the works. 

cheers. 
Garrett

What a blast, well run and safe match. I can't say enough about the match director, great shooting partner. As I was back at my hotel, I felt bad about Garrett having to pick up the course. If I wasn't hitting the road at 0200, I would have stuck around for clean up. Something to think about when attending a match is to help with the pick up. It is a thankless job at times and all help would be appreciated I'm sure. Thanks to Rio and AOA for sponsoring the event and Garrett (#5) for all his hard work. Yeah that Bill C. Guy shot ok, maybe I should ask him What his secrets are.....if only I knew him...🤣 

Thanks again. 

Dave

This GP was well worth the trip!
I have never shot FT in the desert, or that kind of wind, or ever visited Arizona for that matter! I learned a lot and would like more experience using mirage. 
The match ran very well. Garrett and his crew did a TON of work checking and re-checking targets ahead of time to make sure everything was working as it should. A big thanks to all of them for working so hard to pull off a great event!

Respect from DeadEye in North Carolina!
-Philip

Love to see the high score with a Diana Skyhawk!!

Thanks for the results. Looks like an awesome place to shoot. 

Chas

Sam Snead once said "A good golfer can hit it with a broomstick". Anyone who knows Scott Hull knows that he can buy any rifle or scope he wants but chooses to turn ordinary rifles into extraordinary shooters. He is a very competent tuner and a very diligent and prepared competitor.