Sometimes you just have to Pay to Play

Aloha everyone, this is my first post, although I’ve been lurking for a bit. I have to say, in the year that I’ve started shooting PCP rifles, it’s been quite a journey and I’m hooked. With a powderburner background and a work related injury, I started off trying to find a way to get some backyard trigger time. I started off with a Gauntlet, then moved on to a Taipan Veteran, then finally an FX Impact MK2. Sold the Gauntlet but the Veteran and Impact are keepers. The Gauntlet, while good entry level, felt like a toy. On the other hand, the Veteran and Impact rival most of my real firearms in quality and engineering. These airguns are essentially like scaled down long range PB rifles in principle, and the techniques required are the same. This forum has been a gold mine in my quest for knowledge, especially when locally other gun guys don’t even know what I’m talking about when it comes to PCP stuff. Thank you guys for being here...there’s still so much for me to learn. 

Welcome! Glad you decided to stop being a Peeping Tom & actually knocked on the door. Hope to see some adventures with those very fine choice PCPs. 

Been goat hunting yet?

Thanks. I decided it’s better to get involved and ask my own questions, maybe eventually contribute once I’ve built my knowledge base. No goat hunting yet, but I did recently shoot the wild pig in my avatar with my Impact in .25. From only 12 yards it dropped instantly. 

Howzit Braddah,

Welcome to the forum, veteran & impact are high quality guns. What Island you on?

Aloha,

Keone

Howzit! I’m on Oahu. Doesn’t seem like many fellow airgunners around, but with the gun laws here I’m just happy we fly under the radar. Been quietly searching for a place to do some long range pesting, other than shooting up in the mountain by my house.