Sometimes we miss

I tried the thread the needle, and missed a little low. All that practice and I missed this little guy. I saw a second rat take off with it once it was up on the fence.

I might have to leave something irresistible for them tonight for a second chance.

Been there ,done that , yesterday ! I was sniping starlings until rain moved in . I pulled over into the big tractor shed to wait it out . Decided to to a few shots at the old metal backer at 30 yrds. Saw that I was hitting about an inch high, ok as that was still good for my longer shots. The rain backed off & the sun peeked out again.So back to the starling spot , I strung my camo net up on the Toyota as before ( shooting out the drivers side, my bad hip won't let me use my chair blind now, hip replacement end of month ) sat the shooting bag on the door , propped the Factor on the bag just as a starling on the roof top . I loaded the mag ,squeezed the trigger and smack ! It tumbled off the roof to the ground. Feeling pretty good about that I backed away and set up for a groundhog at an old log pile close by. I stepped outside & set up my TriggerStick tripod , figuring on a 45 yrd shot leaning against the car. After a few minutes I looked to my right & spied a hog out at 25yrds in a rock outcrop . EasyPeesy I thought . Turning slowly I rested on the hood , wishing I would have placed the bag out on it in case of this happening . I settled as best I could , held between the eye & ear as it was presenting a side profile and touch the trigger . Sounded good and the hog disappeared . I figured it fell back in the cave it had under the rock. After negotiating the single strand electric fence ( try that w/ a bad hip and metal & plastic grabbers ! ) I shuffled up to find a scuffed mark on the rock . I'd shot high ! I forgot about the hold under I needed !:rolleyes: Now I had to cross that dang fence for nothing ! I decided to walk around a bit and use the gate . Oh well .