• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Something strange after cleaned barrel for ED R5M

R5M .25 standard barrel, regulator pressure 125pa, Hawke Frontier 30 SF 4-24*50, JSB 1.645gram pellet, velocity is 851, and I zeroed it at 30 meters, everything was perfect, and it's very accurate, after shot about 500 pellets, my friend suggested me to clean the barrel, I did it with dry cotton strips with NO any liquid, and then put everything back as before, nothing changed and nothing lost(i remember the o-rings), I am sure I did the barrel clean as what EDgun suggested in his youtube channel, and I did a lot of times for my FX impact before. And the strange thing happened....the first one is the velocity down to 802, after shot about 100 pellets, the velocity is very consistent(yeah, no change, still about 802), the second strange is PIO shift to left down.

Then I checked the scope, it's tight and no change, checked the Chrono,it works fine, I am sure nothing wrong, I have another FX Impact and leishy for years, and I am experienced with them, how can this happen to R5M? Anyone who has such a case as me?

Hi,Hubertus,

Thanks for replying, I didn't remove the barrel during the cleaning work, the pellets you mentioned may be the problem, I really changed to another tin of pellets, and I also think it may be the alignment of the plastic bowl inside the Ed silencer, I have no idea, as what you said, I will shoot more magazines and see if something will change.