Something new from BSA Airguns?

About that video. I owned a real Lee Enfield #4 MkII rifle which was the last Lee Enfield version made and mine was made in 1955 at the arms factory in Fazakerley. It had been stored at an armory in Ireland for many years and never issued. I bought it as unissued surplus and took it out of the paper wrapping and cosmoline myself. It had the more rare Canadian maple stock and was a real looker with the contrasting light maple stock and dark metalwork. What really got my attention was the fact that the first three shots I ever fired from the rifle from a bench rest at 100 yards were all in the bullseye. I never touched the sights as it came perfectly sighted with the commercial Winchester ammo I was using. I paid $225 for the rifle in 1995 and sold it about 20 years later for $700. I used the money to buy a new CZ 550 in 7x57mm Mauser on sale at $100 off with such a nice looking Turkish walnut stock that a guy at the rifle range asked me, "Is that rifle a Sako"? I replied, "No, but it shoots like one". Got me another tack driver after I had it glass bedded. So that initial $225 investment eventually wound up getting me a really nice hunting rifle, and in 7x57mm Mauser which is usually very underrated by American hunters, but an excellent long range medium large game cartridge. I named it "Karamojo" after William Dalrymple Maitland Bell that brought much fame to the 7x57mm Mauser as an African big game cartridge.

As far as BSA's big surprise goes, it would be a big surprise to me if they started making more powerful air rifles that fit into the American market for rifles of .25 caliber and up. Daystate, FX, Brocock and a few others are far ahead of BSA these days in supplying seriously powerful big bore airguns to the American market. It's not that BSA can't do it, as the Lonestar .25 once proved, but they just haven't wanted to do it. The success of FX and Daystate in the US market should have given them a wake up call long before now.

Who wants a $500 BB gun?

Why not something like this?

Enfield-bsa-air-rifle-drg-hr-01.jpg
enfield-bsa-air-rifle-components-hr-01.jpg

More information here:

https://www.rifleman.org.uk/Air-rifles.html

Oh, did they say it would cost $500?

I was thinking, they would provide a challenge to the Hammer 850. That would put it at about $300. Another, rather up-scale CO2 would be nice and it would sell in GB too.

Of course, your idea might make sense, also. Those old "copycats" have become quite attractive to many, especially when it duplicates a weapon from a person's home country.

We'll see in 5 days. BSA should have offered one of these new guns, to the person that guesses what it really is.

Maybe they finally decided to get with the program and make their guns with side levers . The R10 would be alot better with a side lever and external adjustments like regular and hammer spring.

Nope, looks like they allowed 'tradition' to prevail.

Somewhat updated Ultra, I guess, but I'm not all that knowledgeable about BSA air guns.

I don't see anything with the new CLX which would make me rush out and want to try a BSA for the first time. Fact is, after using a side lever, I've ended up selling off all my bolt guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMpanRlUnes

I did own early version of Ultra (the one with double action loading) and SuperTen, both excellent and accurate rifles (Superten was boring accurate) but I always missed something with them.

I know BSA is producing great rifles but they way under powered and way behind the competition....wait, they have nice looking bullpup...oh no 570FPS in .22

Hope they start doing something soon for USA market.

B