• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Snowpeak Something magical happened today... M60B a sleeper?

Given the sucess Max115 had with slugs, I tried some NSA 17.5 slugs that I had in my M60B at a distance of 30m. Very accurate!! Just as good as my JSB 15.89 pellets. I'm only shooting them at 800 fps as my gun set up for shooting the JSB 15.89 at about 840 and I didn't change the reg or hammer. I can get 3 shots touching at 30m. I tried .217 and .216 diameter and in my rifle, the .216 shot a little bit better. I will have to try them at 50m and 100m later in the week and maybe even try a little tuning🙂. You gotta like the 2x improvement in the BC of this little slug. Cuts you wind drift in 1/2. In comparison, the 17.5 gr slugs didn't shoot well in my FX Panthera's.

Reactions: Kleezy
Every gun is different somewhat. I have done enough slugs shooting with my Impact MK2 with various weight and sizes, both NSA and H&N. But I have finally settled with the H&N 25gr Gen2 slugs and they are very accurate at 968 fps with the .218 head size.

I have shot some 21 and 23 gr H&N slugs in the M60B, but they didn't group like these NSA 17.5gr .217 head size. I think I just got lucky with the factory REG/HS spitting these slugs out at 895 fps.

There is always that one projectile that will shoot well in any particular gun. Just have to experience and try different REG/HS setting. Once you get lucky and found the one, then you will be smiling ear to ear with your successful and consistent impact to the intended targets at long ranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed99