Snowpeak Something magical happened today... M60B a sleeper?

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
I went back to the farm again this afternoon to do some shooting with my Impact MK2. While I was waiting for starlings/doves to return, I took some shots at my target box out at 50 yards with my Snowpeak M60B. I bought a new V9 bipod (Accutac knockoff) and was trying it out. It was working very well.

It was an overcast day with wind that was chilly to the bone. It was about 10 deg C, but felt like 5 deg C with the wind chill.
I started with the H&N Baracuda 15 (16gr) pellets and the group was decent in the wind.

I then hand loaded a NSA 17.5gr .217 slug and fired at the 50 yards box. It missed the bullseye high and right, which I knew it would happen because this gun haven't shot any NSA slugs yet. I loaded a second slug and aimed at the same bullseye. The POI was very close to the first shot. My eyes lit up! I did a quick adjustments to the elevation and windage on the new Discovery ED 4-20x52mm FFP scope. I was able to get on the bullseye with the 5th shot.

I was excited with the possibility. I quickly put up a new sheet of paper with two bullseye on it. The bullseyes were 20mm (0.787 in) in diameter.

I did the first 5 shots and the CTC was 15.32mm (0.60"). OMG, I couldn't believe what was happening. I have shot the Hades 16 gr pellets with great results, but this was incredible. I knew I could do better so I calmed myself with deep breathing and went on to the second bullseye.

I took my time and gently squeezed off these 5 shots. Remember this was in windy condition and these 17.5gr slugs cut thru the wind without much effort. The holes created with these 5 shots looked very small thru the scope view. I went and retrieved the paper immediately to have a closer look.

OMG, I knew it was less than 1/2" because the bullseye was only 0.6". I didn't have any tape measure so I used a dime and a AAA battery as a reference. When I got home, I confirmed it with my digital calliper. It was 8.74mm or 0.344" CTC.

It was shooting these NSA 17.5gr at 895 fps, about 31 ft.lb. This gun is definitely a "sleeper". I am very happy to have found the best projectile for this factory set PCP (Reg 145 bar with HS untouched from factory). To top it off, this PCP cost a lot less than my Impact MK2.

Ya, something magical happened to me today.

IMG_8780.jpg

IMG_8779.jpg

IMG_8786.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It was a pleasant surprise to test the NSA slugs to get this result. This gun is still factory set with the Reg and HS. The only thing I adjusted was the trigger pull.

I have tried the H&N 21 and 23 gr slugs before but they didn’t group this tight. I am sure it has to do with the speed to propel these projectiles. With the right speed, I think different ammo will shoot well also. I don’t think this barrel is picky at all.

Last edited:
So far it continues to surprise me especially when it cost almost 3x less than my Impact MK2. I am waiting for a CF bottle upgrade and hopefully my DIY rail extension that I am going to put together with some simple parts.
I'm glad you're getting great results with your Snowpeak M60B. Ironically, I received a lot of criticism for having created a post where I compared one of my second gen made in China Air Venturi Avenge-X .25 cal vs others high-end much more expensive airguns like the FX impact M3, the BRK Ghost, the AGT Uragan and Daystate red wolf, however, this statements just proved me right. But unfortunately many people still continue to underestimate the incredible precision and accuracy several of this airguns have simply because they associate their low cost with a low quality product when the reality is different...😉.

I'm glad you're getting great results with your Snowpeak M60B. Ironically, I received a lot of criticism for having created a post where I compared one of my second gen made in China Air Venturi Avenge-X .25 cal vs others high-end much more expensive airguns like the FX impact M3, the BRK Ghost, the AGT Uragan and Daystate red wolf, however, this statements just proved me right. But unfortunately many people still continue to underestimate the incredible precision and accuracy several of this airguns have simply because they associate their low cost with a low quality product when the reality is different...😉.

The criticism you received wasn't because you created a post comparing low end to high end. The criticism was for the manner in which you did it. Your tone was a tough pill to swallow. You didn't want to discuss it, you were looking for a fight. And you got one.

Reactions: Perle
Sorry, but I didn't read up on that comparison you did Ray. Maybe I got lucky with this M60B. I will need to do more accuracy tests at longer ranges to verify that this gun can compete with my Impact MK2. It is nice to see that cheaper PCP can be accurate or better sometimes than high-end ones.

I am still very excited with the result I found yesterday even though I wasn't planning to do accuracy test with the M60B. I was just using the downtime waiting for pest birds to return so I got shot the NSA slugs with it. I am glad I did because I had found THE ammo for this affordable PCP.