Someone talk me out of this…

I’ve just successfully downsized my airgun collection by about 60%. I did this because I don’t have the time to shoot, and they were just taking up space. I kept the few guns I know I’ll use (a small game/target springer, a small game pcp, two predator guns, and a big game gun) and got rid of the rest. It’s a great feeling, to clear out the excess.

Then I see this AEA Megalodon. A compact, pump-action big bore. It’s silly, because I so, so, soooooo don’t need it. But I want it. I want to blow up cans with it and ring steel with it and toss it in the car and take it up to Vermont in the fall to hunt whitetail. I want to invite my PB friends over and watch their jaws hit the ground when they send out six rounds downrange as fast as they can pump the thing. I want that quick shooting, 400+FPE beast in my safe just in case, if you know what I mean. I want the stupid thing. Bad.

But I don’t need it, and I’m hoping one of you will talk me out of it. I know asking this forum to convince me not to buy a new airgun is like asking my wife to convince me to cheat on her. But I have to try. Maybe one of you will say the thing I need to hear.

Sorry no help here. I just ordered one for a friend. My jaw dropped when I saw it. So much more badass in person. I love my Hp Max 457, but I have to have a Megladon. It feels so much more balanced. More power and shots. My buddy is loving it. Even his wife likes shooting it. Mine will arrived in a few more days. When I ordered it last week. The Pellet Shop still had some in stock.

Reactions: davelarson and MLE
Over the years I’ve bought so many things purely out of want, that I’ve lost count. Thing is, I honestly cant remember many of them leaving me with that hollow feeling of buyers remorse. I guess what I’m saying is… I got nothing legitimate for you when It comes to sensible spending advice….

“whisper voice has entered the chat”
Buy the thing and post pictures.
“whisper voice has left the chat”

Reactions: davelarson and MLE
I have the solution. Go ahead and buy it. You know you want to. Take a look at it, admire it, shoot it, clean it up. In a week or so overwhelming guilt will consume your very existence. At that point ship it directly to me before you become a psychiatric patient from the guilt. I will lock it up in my safe for haunted guns and only bring it out on Halloween and only on even numbered years. The result will be that you gave in to temptation but at the last minute saved your family and contributed to the economy while making the world a better place.

Rick H.

1000000991.jpg
that being said...I support this idea ...terrible or not

Well, if it's any consolation to you, last night your wife told me if you buy it she's gonna divorce you. :oops: :eek:

Hope that information was helpful. :confused:

Last night your wife tried to tell me something about you, too, but I reminded her it was rude to talk with her mouth full.

The fact it’s an AEA would 100% dissuade me. I think they make a product of very unpredictable reliability. Just watch about any macabespeed video on YouTube. It’s funny as he keeps getting product and for the life of me cannot figure out how the channel helps sell aea. Lol.
Honestly this is my biggest pause button here. I like AEA for what they are, and have owned a bunch, but every single one has had issues at some point, and I just don’t want to deal with the inevitable problems on the Megalodon.

Honestly this is my biggest pause button here. I like AEA for what they are, and have owned a bunch, but every single one has had issues at some point, and I just don’t want to deal with the inevitable problems on the Megalodon.

I posted the issues I'm having so far with my Mega

So far I've only been able to put 500 rounds through it, my bullet guy is taking a bit longer to bring me my order but as soon as it comes I'm going to put another 2k rounds through it over the weekend and see how it handles it.

1 of the issues the Mega is having is that on a full mag of slugs heavier than 230 the mag pops out and doesn't let you pump it/cycle it. You have to push the mag back in place, then cycle it.

I think it's a combo of weak detent and the weight of the slugs as it's cycling, turning in the mag the inertia unseats it out of the gun.