Someone(or two) made themselves way too comfortable in my yard!!!

Excellent shot! He didn't know what bit him. I'm bummed that I could only view the first 13 seconds of security cam footage.

Send a PM if you want some info on acetone. That method is used if caught in a foothold. If in a tube trap or small cage, co2 is as close to 100% no spray as possible.

try downloading the file and then view it. I had similar issue. I uploaded it again so let me know if that fixed it.

Found the pellet! Not a whole lot of expansion but it went through mostly air anyways at relatively low speed.

CDA9C464-8DD0-4524-8312-4A80F56BF795.1632770438.jpeg

Lol, what a great thread! I’d have to give you an A+ for actually digging into a skunk, and retrieving the pellet… what kind of PPE were you wearing during this operation? If it were a cartoon you’d have had one of those old fashioned clothes pins on your nose. I’m just trying to picture this sir. And nice shooting.

mike

hi Mike, I actually found then pellet on the ground right behind where it was shot so it was a full double lung pass through. I was shooting 15.89 grain .22 hades @700fps or 17.3 FPE at the muzzle from 25 yard distance. I kept the power low to be on the safe side.

fortunately it didn’t spray at all, the body didn’t even smell like a skunk in the morning after I put it in the bag. Not even a hind of smell! You carton visual got me laughing though! Hahaha