• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Airforce Somebody help me with tunning

Hello folks.

I recently purchased an AF Talon in .20 cal , I playing with the power wheel and with the pressure in the tank.
Now I filling aprox 2100 psi stop in 1300 psi with 45 ~50 shots aprox 930 fps with jsb heavys 15.6gr.

I put an oring under the tophat.

But I ear in the past that is possible play with the distance of the tophat .

I don’t an expert lol!! But if somebody have more experience and share me tips I appreciate a lot.

IMG_6069.jpeg

Reactions: Dairyboy
It took awhile to get my .25 condor tuned well.

A previous member TrinityMaker helped me to do it.
Here's some things I remember.

Buy another set of bushings (you can find some inexpensive ones) and put one in so you'll have three on the barrel instead of two, you may have to sand it down to fit into the frame.
If possible buy a maddog stock, makes a Huge difference in accuracy.
Don't use orings, they eventually wear down. Buy some plastic washers to go under the tophat from Tony at Talon Tunes.

I'll have to find the exact tuning he had me do, I don't recall if it's initially done with or without the washer under the tophat. You'll need to remove the bottle from the frame.
The object is in finding the right fps that allows just enough air to push the ammo without having too much coming out of the bottle, this is where the washer comes in, by restricting the amount of air the tophat lets out.
Excess, uneeded air will cause the ammo to slightly tilt at the exact second it exits the barrel due to the groves in the barrel.

I'll look for the video he sent me that shows how to put the washer on. The tophat can be removed and reinstalled without depressuring the bottle.
Be mindful of the high pressure and don't attempt it without either getting someone to tell you how to do it, I find the video, or you already know how to do it.

Reactions: Betohunter
It took awhile to get my .25 condor tuned well.

A previous member TrinityMaker helped me to do it.
Here's some things I remember.

Buy another set of bushings (you can find some inexpensive ones) and put one in so you'll have three on the barrel instead of two, you may have to sand it down to fit into the frame.
If possible buy a maddog stock, makes a Huge difference in accuracy.
Don't use orings, they eventually wear down. Buy some plastic washers to go under the tophat from Tony at Talon Tunes.

I'll have to find the exact tuning he had me do, I don't recall if it's initially done with or without the washer under the tophat. You'll need to remove the bottle from the frame.
The object is in finding the right fps that allows just enough air to push the ammo without having too much coming out of the bottle, this is where the washer comes in, by restricting the amount of air the tophat lets out.
Excess, uneeded air will cause the ammo to slightly tilt at the exact second it exits the barrel due to the groves in the barrel.

I'll look for the video he sent me that shows how to put the washer on. The tophat can be removed and reinstalled without depressuring the bottle.
Be mindful of the high pressure and don't attempt it without either getting someone to tell you how to do it, I find the video, or you already know how to do it.
Thank for you help and I appreciate

Not a lot of info but I will tale a shot. It seems you have a 18 or 24" bbl and the older model with adjustable th. The orings won't last long as they take a beating. Couple suggestions. Head over to Talon tunes and get adj top hat and a pack of spacers. The tp is the trick for controlling speed. This is all assuming it's the older model. Hope this help.

Screenshot_20240302_141502_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_141855_Samsung Internet.jpg