Some Zeus and BinTac S45 range fun - and some issues. :(

Had a window to hit the 50 yard range today.

I shot the Zeus 16" the most today - about 50 rounds through it mostly off hand. Setup the target at 25 yard and noted that my zero from last time wasn't so spot on. It's either me or the scope, but this is a challenging airgun to shoot accurately. Heavy trigger and a lot of kick which pushes the whole gun up with each shot. I settled into a decent shot at 25 yards and then during cease fire moved it out to 50 yards. Things were not so good today at 50 yards - I think the high heat level and sun around 2pm EST had me a little off my game.

Some guys came in around the same time as me with some ARs and pistols and they setup a big 10" gong on the 55-60 yard berm. Popped over and asked if he minded if I took a few shoots at his gong. He was cool, so the fun was on. Took 6 shots to finally land one on the gong - still off hand here at around 60 yards. The 750 fpe hit with an AEA 500gr slug was impressive. Really moved the gong around in a way none of their 556 ARs were doing.

I'm really enjoying the Zeus and getting better with it. But heavy trigger and 16" barrel make this a beast of a gun. I'm enjoying the first shot off it at each new range session because it is louder than some of the SBR AR15s with their shorty barrels. Definitely turns all heads on the first shot. LOL.

The first outing with the BinTac B&W S45 was a little less satisfying. The gun was filled to 4000 psi - I loaded 2 mags with the NSA 196gr .45 ammo. Loaded first mag into gun and it shot very nicely. Spent that mag zeroing the red dot. First mag done @ 3000 psi so loaded the second mag. Fired it off and tweaked the red dot @ 25 yards. All good so far. Refilled with air to 4000 psi and reloaded 2 mags, this time with Apex Airgun Ammo 197gr slugs. Loaded the first mag. Took two shots and something bad happened on the 3rd. The gun did not shoot, but the bolt cycled and halfway loaded a 2nd round while at the same time proceeding to dump all the air through the barrel. ARGH! I couldn't clear the misfire as the range and had to back out 2 slugs from the chamber when I got home. I can't fill the gun - all the air leaks straight out through the barrel whether it's cocked or not. Going to reach out to BinTac and Survival Airgun on this one before I strip it down - don't want to mess anything up as this has the potential to be one of the most fun airguns ever for me.

Thank you for your realistic review on how your guns really work. I try also to give relatively real world advice on the products I use in my airgun hobby. I hope the S45 is a good design it is definitely changing the pcp world forever. I hope AEA is around for awhile and parts are available to us in the USA . Hope it gets fixed fast !!!

Thank you for your realistic review on how your guns really work. I try also to give relatively real world advice on the products I use in my airgun hobby. I hope the S45 is a good design it is definitely changing the pcp world forever. I hope AEA is around for awhile and parts are available to us in the USA . Hope it gets fixed fast !!!
I reached out to Bin on Facebook and he responded, just need to setup a chat with him. I'm sure it'll be resolved - or I'll pull out the mini lathe and make my own.

Since we are talking honesty here. The Zeus 16" has been giving me some issues with each outing. The barrel nut keeps coming loose so POI shift quite considerably. After the last outing I remove the barrel completely and covered the threads in Vibrate. Reassembled the barrel - that's quite a threading on it - I'd say about 1" of threads in contact when screwed in. Then the barrel nut, which seems to have tighter tolerances that the threads in the receiver - it was a bit of a chore getting it screwed down tight with the Vibratite on the threads. I don't think it's going anywhere this time.

A bit off topic but I figured a few of you guys may have some suggestions for me. Apparently AEA is no longer sending products out to reviewers...at least that's what the owner told me. I really want to review one of these guns. So many choices I'm not sure which one would be best for me to purchase for reviewing? I have reached out to Bin from the pellet Shop that to me looks like the go to place for AEA but he hasn't responded to any of my messages.

A bit off topic but I figured a few of you guys may have some suggestions for me. Apparently AEA is no longer sending products out to reviewers...at least that's what the owner told me. I really want to review one of these guns. So many choices I'm not sure which one would be best for me to purchase for reviewing? I have reached out to Bin from the pellet Shop that to me looks like the go to place for AEA but he hasn't responded to any of my messages.
Dana, I would love to see you do a review on a few of these rifles, especially the hunting class/backpacking ones like the Element (I think that is the one I am thinking of). I liked your Barra review btw. Nice to see you jumping back and forth from high-end like the Evol to entry level like the Barra. Most channels don't do that, and most don't show the airguns in the field. 5 minute reviews are not reviews, in my opinion. I recently watched that older video you did on the Cometa you received. You certainly don't put minimal effort into your reviews and it shows.

Reactions: RickyBobby_101
be careful with the s45...I have had 2. First one 3 mags blew and cut my face as well as the cocking lever snap off while firing and come flying past my head. Several ammos were 1st suggested by Bin until the 1 "Certified Mr H" I tried 7 different ammo weights/types last being round balls & replacement s45 (mag blew) and all either jammed or blew the mag cover. Cut my face 3x with fragments from mag covers

I experience this very same issue w/ almost all 5 of my magazines. Just one of them exploded. The others windows are cracked

be careful with the s45...I have had 2. First one 3 mags blew and cut my face as well as the cocking lever snap off while firing and come flying past my head. Several ammos were 1st suggested by Bin until the 1 "Certified Mr H" I tried 7 different ammo weights/types last being round balls & replacement s45 (mag blew) and all either jammed or blew the mag cover. Cut my face 3x with fragments from mag covers
I

Had a window to hit the 50 yard range today.

I shot the Zeus 16" the most today - about 50 rounds through it mostly off hand. Setup the target at 25 yard and noted that my zero from last time wasn't so spot on. It's either me or the scope, but this is a challenging airgun to shoot accurately. Heavy trigger and a lot of kick which pushes the whole gun up with each shot. I settled into a decent shot at 25 yards and then during cease fire moved it out to 50 yards. Things were not so good today at 50 yards - I think the high heat level and sun around 2pm EST had me a little off my game.

Some guys came in around the same time as me with some ARs and pistols and they setup a big 10" gong on the 55-60 yard berm. Popped over and asked if he minded if I took a few shoots at his gong. He was cool, so the fun was on. Took 6 shots to finally land one on the gong - still off hand here at around 60 yards. The 750 fpe hit with an AEA 500gr slug was impressive. Really moved the gong around in a way none of their 556 ARs were doing.

I'm really enjoying the Zeus and getting better with it. But heavy trigger and 16" barrel make this a beast of a gun. I'm enjoying the first shot off it at each new range session because it is louder than some of the SBR AR15s with their shorty barrels. Definitely turns all heads on the first shot. LOL.

The first outing with the BinTac B&W S45 was a little less satisfying. The gun was filled to 4000 psi - I loaded 2 mags with the NSA 196gr .45 ammo. Loaded first mag into gun and it shot very nicely. Spent that mag zeroing the red dot. First mag done @ 3000 psi so loaded the second mag. Fired it off and tweaked the red dot @ 25 yards. All good so far. Refilled with air to 4000 psi and reloaded 2 mags, this time with Apex Airgun Ammo 197gr slugs. Loaded the first mag. Took two shots and something bad happened on the 3rd. The gun did not shoot, but the bolt cycled and halfway loaded a 2nd round while at the same time proceeding to dump all the air through the barrel. ARGH! I couldn't clear the misfire as the range and had to back out 2 slugs from the chamber when I got home. I can't fill the gun - all the air leaks straight out through the barrel whether it's cocked or not. Going to reach out to BinTac and Survival Airgun on this one before I strip it down - don't want to mess anything up as this has the potential to be one of the most fun airguns ever for me.
The same happened to mine, I figured because when I fired it having a slug stuck in the chamber made the compression backfire blowing out a seal or the firing valve?

That's too bad. Was kinda liking it, but seems like it has a lot of issues.