• In order to send private messages to other members, you must have a minimum of 10 posts on the site.

Some Yong Heng Water Cooling

After a little 2nd degree burn on my arm from one of the tubes on my YH, I decided to add a little water cooling. I cannot take credit for the idea. I saw this the Target Forge YT channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcI1wD_rXOg&t=962s I just went crazy and wrapped all three YH tubes.

I started by bending some Amazon tubing brake line by hand. I wanted to get the basic shape as best as I could. I tried to minimize bends and keep the length of the tubing minimized.

IMG_2250.1653064122.JPG

Once I got the routing figured out, I wrapped copper wire snug as I could around the YH tube and the copper plated brake line. The copper wire is an excellent thermal conductor and will help shunt the heat off the YH lines. 

IMG_2256.1653064354.JPG

I attached the copper wire to the brake line with solder. I ran short a few spots on the wire, so I just soldered the loose end and started a new run and kept wrapping. I did not remove any of the YH tubing to wrap the copper wire. It was a little challenging wrapping but I managed. I did take off the oil breather to get a little more room while wrapping. 

I bought some Amazon silicon tubing to help with water attachments. I only needed less than a foot but I am going to use the extra for spare cooling line.

IMG_2257.1653064639.JPG

It will help with condensing the moisture too, keeping it out of my guns. It took less than 2hrs of total labor time and less than $45 in materials. Its not perfect and I'm not mechanically inclined but it meets my needs.

Any questions let me know.

Navyblue/Steve