• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Some Umarex G2 .25 numbers

I was bitten by the curiosity bug and bought one of the $30 clamp on Chronographs. Didn't expect much but it seems to work just fine. So I did a bit of testing on the 5 most promising pellets I have on hand. These are not accuracy tests. Just speed tests. I also checked around on the Google net and found some BC numbers for the pellets listed. So here we go..

H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme
GR. 28.24
BC .035
Ave. FPS 910
FPE 51.94

JBS Knockout slug
GR. 33.49
BC. .092
AVE. FPS 850
FPE 53.74

H&N Hornet
GR. 22.07
BC .025
AVE. FPS 984
FPE 47.46

JBS Hades
GR. 26.54
BC .026
AVE. FPS 920
FPE 49.89

H&N Baracuda Hunter
GR. 27.47
BC .027
AVE. FPS 915
FPE 51.08

When this wind dies down at the appropriate time I"ll do some accuracy testing. Right now I'm using the Hunter Extreme because that's what I zeroed the rifle with before I bought the other 4 types. Those results will follow.

I did smack 2 groundhogs last week. One at about 50 yds. across the back yard from my deck. Shot in the side of the neck and anchored DRT. The second was the other direction at 59-60 yds. under the neighbors pine tree. He gave me a very small gap between branches that was a horizontal window about as tall as his head. I was amazed when I heard that satisfying THWOCK!!!! He flopped around enough that he fell back into the hole and I didn't get to put hands on but I don't mind. They don't stink that way and they kinda foul the hole for the short term.

I'll report more as it happens and I get time.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore