Some shootin w/ my .177 compact mk2

So did some shooting with this yesterday as I've not owned a .177 ever, wanted to get familiar

It's am mk2 .177 compact shooting 13.43 gr jsb at 905 fps topped with a Sightmark Wraith 2-16x32 digi day/night scope.

I have this rifle zero'd at 35 yards.

First group is 20 rounds at 35
Second group is a full mag at 65 yards (the screen becomes fuzzy when fully zoomed in and im getting used to it)

Rifle gets about 180 usable shots per fill w/reg set at 90 bar.

20220710_125614.jpg

20220710_133323.jpg

20220710_143012.jpg

20220710_151325.jpg

Wow, those are some incredible groups! Thanks for sharing. I had thought about buying a FX Dreamline in 177, but was scared off by quite a few comments that the Swedes can't make good 177 barrels. Your barrel proves quite the opposite.
Isn't it amazing how tiny those 177 pellets are? I have big hands and it is quite challenging to load my magazine. But, for some reason 177 just appeals to me, probably because they are so quiet and the shot count is huge.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Wow, those are some incredible groups! Thanks for sharing. I had thought about buying a FX Dreamline in 177, but was scared off by quite a few comments that the Swedes can't make good 177 barrels. Your barrel proves quite the opposite.
Isn't it amazing how tiny those 177 pellets are? I have big hands and it is quite challenging to load my magazine. But, for some reason 177 just appeals to me, probably because they are so quiet and the shot count is huge.

MY BIGGEST GRIPE IS LOADING THEM! LOL

I am really tempted to see how the 12.5 nielsens would do.

Right now 65 yards is the furthest I'd shoot this at a rat. I also would like to take pigeon with it as well.

I was referring to several posts that I’d read about FX rifles not really shooting well in .177. Looks like yours though is doing just fine.
If I am not mistaken .177 will be the most popular caliber sold across the pond and they seem to love them. Giles has a review video on the impact m3 in .177 and does some targets at sub 12 fpe and the groups look good to me. It could be that the bad reports could be bad tunes, over tuned for the little pellet or just not trying enough pellet's to get the one it liked. I plan on having a .177 crown mk2 to go with my .25 and .30

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I'm probably the guy that's been saying that FX rifles in .177 don't shoot well. Well, I got frustrated with my Dreamline Tact, so I bought an Air Arms HFT 500. A nice simply designed gun a la RAW that shoots 12 fpe with a LW barrel instead of a soda straw. This rifle shoots! Forget about the slugs, you either have a gun that shoots slugs or one that shoots pellets. For up to 50 or maybe 75 yards, shooting a good .177 rifle is lots of fun. This caliber seems to be taking a back seat to all the big, powerful, adjustable guns that can kill a water buffalo at 400 yards.

Last edited:
Reactions: rigbymauser
I'm probably the guy that's been saying that FX rifles in .177 don't shoot well. Well, I got frustrated with my Dreamline Tact, so I bought an Air Arms HFT 500. A nice simply designed gun a la RAW that shoots 12 fpe with a LW barrel instead of a soda straw. This rifle shoots! Forget about the slugs, you either have a gun that shoots slugs or one that shoots pellets. For up to 50 or maybe 75 yards, shooting a good .177 rifle is lots of fun. This caliber seems to be taking a back seat to all the big, powerful, adjustable guns that can kill a water buffalo at 400 yards.
I too have a simple robust rifle that just works. A Taipan. I likely wouldn't take a shot at any animal past 70 yards with this thing, not even a rat. I'm getting 25 fpe now.

Many things is feasable but are they useful?. I am sure in time we experience 1400 ft/sec with airgun slugs but is it useful?. Not for me. THe quest for power in my book has reached the goals we wanted 30, 40 or just 20 years ago. Today its accuracy, airgun design and shotcount that`s vogue.