Some rare markings & airguns

Nice! That's a very early HW 55M, probably made in 1955 or 56. 

Major differences from later guns include the short threaded rear receiver section, simple stamped trigger with sear adjustment, front side screws for the action instead of an underside bolt, heavy forged cocking links, heavy cast trigger guard, and a bunch of internal differences.

The rifle probably originally came with a heavy cast alloy buttplate, nice milled steel match sight, and breech-mounted open sight. Your rear sight and buttplate are not original, but look to work well. 

The serial number will probably be repeated on the right side of the cocking link, the breech lock lever, and on the left rear action below the wood line.

This photo shows HW 55's no. 662 and 1010 (the latter has the more figured wood). Yours no doubt looked much like these originally.

1588696933_4362767565eb19765f2f0c0.17505125.jpeg
1588696934_1519916485eb1976690b178.39486698.jpeg
1588696935_874255585eb197672eb7b0.94967596.jpeg

Nice! That's a very early HW 55M, probably made in 1955 or 56. 

Major differences from later guns include the short threaded rear receiver section, simple stamped trigger with sear adjustment, front side screws for the action instead of an underside bolt, heavy forged cocking links, heavy cast trigger guard, and a bunch of internal differences.

The rifle probably originally came with a heavy cast alloy buttplate, nice milled steel match sight, and breech-mounted open sight. Your rear sight and buttplate are not original, but look to work well. 

The serial number will probably be repeated on the right side of the cocking link, the breech lock lever, and on the left rear action below the wood line.

This photo shows HW 55's no. 611 and 1010 (the latter has the more figured wood). Yours no doubt looked much like these originally.

Thanks for your replay and informative answer. The serial is repeated in the places you say. I am impressed with the simpel triggermecanism it can be set very low if you like. Is the serial in order and is this number 47 in their produktion of the HW55? 

I have som more old match rifles but not so many great fotos of them! 

It is my pleasure...Thank you for the photos of this very interesting rifle.

Does you gun have the same "047" in all places? Sometimes the number under the breech block is not complete, but only the last three or four digits. If it is truly "047," that is the oldest HW 55 I have seen by far!

In later days, Weihrauch used the same sequence of serial numbers for all their rifles, not unique for each model (if you pick up HW 55 no. 50,000, it means at that point Weihrauch had built 50,000 rifles in total, not 50,000 HW 55's). I don't know if the same is true for these very early examples, though. At the time your gun was made, Weihrauch was manufacturing only two other models, the HW 50 and HW 35.

A few years after your rifle was made, Weihrauch introduced a much longer threaded section on the rear of the action. At that point, the serial numbers started over again.

It's hard to say. If I were selling that rifle at at airgun show here in the US, I might start by asking $225 for it...but take less.

Old guns like that are always such a mix of good and bad. It's quite a rare variant, perhaps uniquely old, the metal finish looks decent, and it sounds like you have it functioning well. But the stock damage and lack of original sight greatly diminish its value as a collectible.

It's hard to say. If I were selling that rifle at at airgun show here in the US, I might start by asking $225 for it...but take less.

Old guns like that are always such a mix of good and bad. It's quite a rare variant, perhaps uniquely old, the metal finish looks decent, and it sounds like you have it functioning well. But the stock damage and lack of original sight greatly diminish its value as a collectible.

Thank you, thats double that I paid, but,I did much work on it so its an even game 😉 I am glad that you appreciated the rifle.