Some old Falcon FN8 WG 22 cal posts of mine

I bought this single shot pistol several years ago. It was cheap, & advertised as an FN12, which is the only reason I bought it, since at the time I already had two 22 cal FN8’s.

I was having trouble using my Falcons because I had a tough time filling them, & couldn’t find replacement Orings that would work. I almost sold them & traded them several times.

I recently got a few things sorted out, so I mounted a NcStar 2.5x30 pistol scope that came on another used pistol, & set up a target at a measured 25 yards.

After 12 shots to find the POI in failing light, I adjusted the scope 20 clicks down & fired a 3 shot group, then decided to just fire another 3 shot group at the same target, due to running out of time & daylight.

6 JSB RS 13.43 pellets into 0.49” (well under the 0.70" dime) with a varying tailwind. I was shooting off a table with bags. 

1566123536_15287339555d592610eb8867.60552217_Falcon FN8WG 6 shots 25 ydsb.jpg

1566123565_8549244645d59262df2f464.06262186_Falcon FN8WG 6 shots 25 yds.jpg

I still need to adjust the POI a touch right for this pellet, & find this rigs favorite pellet (or maybe I already have), ideal fill pressure, favorite hammer spring tension, lighten the trigger a bit (or maybe install one of the falcon match triggers I have squirreled away) but I thought this was an encouraging start. It does have the heaviest trigger pull of all my Falcons.

While I’ve shot the pistol many times indoors at about 5 - 6 yards, I’ve never sat down & shot it on paper at any distance outdoors. Should make a nice rat sniper.

I realize these aren’t particularly stellar groups. Brother Ron (Robinson) could do this in his sleep, offhand, in front of a crowd in Texas heat in a shoot-off, but you must remember, up until now I sometimes felt I wasted $200 bucks on this rig years ago 
wink.gif

I guess the change in the weather has put me in a tinkering mood, fixing, modding, testing, & loving it.

And the Plinkering (tinkering & plinking = Plinkering?) continues....

A couple of days later....

Turns out one of my early 25 yard Falcon FN8 groups missed my primary backstop, but buried itself in my larger, wooden safety backstop.

This 3-shot FN8 group measures 0.50" edge-to-edge, & would also easily fit under my 0.70" dime of reference, like the FN8 group above.

I found a post where Brother Ron (Robinson) had a 22 cal Falcon that averaged 0.50" 5-shot groups at 25 yards.

Looks like I'm not doing too bad, with a 6-shot 0.49" group & a 3-shot 0.50" group.

1566123592_1442065345d5926488f0ca6.24484119_3 FN8 amp 1 Raider pellet 25 yds b.jpg

I was firing my detuned Webley Raider this afternoon when I found the FN8 group.

I decided to put a pellet from the Raider next to the FN8 group to compare penetration.

Even though the FN8 is much quieter than the Raider, the FN8 seems a good bit quicker than the Raider, which is confirmed by pellet penetration comparison.

Both rigs seem to love the 13.43 gr JSB RS pellets. 

Accuracy is the same out of both rigs at 25 yards, but I haven't gotten serious yet, still comparing different pellets.

I need to do something about the "BRAPPP" hammer-bounce in the detuned Raider.

1566123645_8029685655d59267d8b5b18.20119080_Falcon FN8WG with Stock.jpg

I might drop this one in the stock. Since it's a 177, it might make a better backyard rig.

I'll be wringing this rig out soon. The red dot is nice, but I think I'll be scoping it (although I do have another set of Falcon iron sights for it).

I just picked up a silver / chrome Tasco Pro Class 2x22 pistol scope with an illuminated triangle, that I want to try on it.

1566123681_9765777535d5926a1592064.19193152_177 Falcon FN8  Titan MC020.jpg

Though Falconesque, it's actually a Titan (MC020 from what I've read & been told). It is a tack driver at close range. 

Remains to be seen what it can do at longer distances...kinda...I have taken a pest at 15 yards & my truck windshield at about 40 yards with it.

Check out my Falcon FN8 like Titan MC020 post here: 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/an-old-titan-mc020-falcon-fn8-post-of-mine/

Great shooting, DB! Strangely enough, in all my Falcon pistol and rifle experiences, I don't recall ever experiencing a leak of any kind. Glad you got your's back in service, and can now enjoy the phenomenal performance.

Being just as smitten with the Falcon FN8s I owned, after getting a shoulder stock I decided to install a 3-9X rifle scope just to check the gun's inherent capabilities at 50 yards. Here are my notes from that experiment, as taken from Airgun Chronicles-

1566094602_13260291395d58b50acc7480.14115337_Raptor car. FL.JPG

1/21/07 With shoulder stock and 9X rifle-scope, eight consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards with JSB Express averaged .74” c-t-c; two of the groups measured .55” c-t-c.

3/24/07 As carbine, 5 consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards with JSB Express averaged .77” c-t-c

5/24/07 As carbine, 6 consecutive 5 shot groups at 50 yards with JSB Express averaged .78” c-t-c

And after transforming it back, think this is the best group I ever achieved in pistol form-

7/27/07 Shot a .37” c-t-c five-shot group at 40 yards with JSB Express (as pistol with 2X pistol scope).

Happy Shooting, DB!

Great info Brother Ron.

I've enjoyed your books for many years (in fact, my copy of your book "The Manic Compressive" saved my sanity while sitting in a gym full of young screaming girls for an entire Saturday just this past year. Amazing what the power of the mind, some wadded up gum wrappers stuffed in your ears, and a good book can do).

You got me turned on to Classic Crosmans of YesterYear. I owe you At Least one.

Wishing you the best Brother Ron.

WOW... I've heard some pretty flattering feed-back about my 'color-commentaried' little airgun books, but that's the first time any have been credited with saving anyone's sanity! However considering the setting you describe, I suspect the wadded up gum wrappers had a lot more to do with rescuing whatever grasp on sanity you had, than reading The Manic Compressive! ;-)

Just for the humor and entertainment value in it, other interesting feed-backs I've received about my books include- "Reading it for the sixth time; my wife thinks I'm crazy!", "Your book is the only airgun reading I've enjoyed in years", "Ron has lived and breathed these guns, and knows how to extract what they are capable of", and "The Manic Compressive changed my life!" 

But for the sake of full disclosure... and perspective, understand some of these quotes originate from individuals arguably nuttier than me (hard to believe, I realize)! Long-time airgunners would recognize some names as among the most well-known and 'notorious' airgun nuts in the U.S. (at least, not incarcerated). 

I once made the mistake of quoting THE most famous airgunner in a display ad for one of my books. Next thing I knew his wife/manager was reading me the riot act over the phone! I assured her I'd never quote him again; nevertheless every anniversary for the next two years she repeated the phone threats until I finally told her "THRICE is more than enough", and hung-up on her. Within five minutes the phone rang again, and I told her famous husband the same thing I'd just told her. But he being an incredibly nice and reasonable celebrity, and obviously also aware of his wife's combative demeanor, he understood my position... rather than losing his temper and squishing me like a bug! That gentleman is a rare credit to 'celebrity', and to this day remains at the top of my (very short) hero list.

I like to describe my writing as "humorously inciteful insight"; that being my omnipresent goal when writing this stuff. Not everyone 'gets it', but it's comforting to know there are still a few folks out there literate enough (and with adequate attention-span) to enjoy a good read... even if it's a WHOLE BOOK! 

Thanks for the nice feed-back, DB. It's some of the best yet!