Some new slugs ( spot on )

Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
Just fell over these at a local shop, so i ordered a few tins in the 15 gr / uppercut flavor

uppercut.webp

There are also a 13gr Blow up and 17 gr Sniper flavor

Now to see if i can make my targets fall on their back and look at the sky ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dgeesaman
Tried the SpotOn slugs in 13 gr, 15 gr and 17 gr and was not happy with the results at all ! :oops:

Velocity was spread over 60-70 FPS, which tells me that these are not very consistant in weight and/or size ?! Tried the 13 gr ZAN slugs to compare and they were within a spread of 4 FPS over a 20 shot string.

Group size at 50 meters / 55 yards were probably around 7.5 cm or 3 inches with a 10 shot group, so really bad - 10 shots with the ZAN 13 gr were ½ inch group to compare ! 🎯

I received a flat of Spot On pellets and slugs to test about 1.5 years ago. Only a couple of the pellets were close to the JSB equivalent but at least a couple of the slugs were pretty decent. (accuracy ) I can't remember for sure but it seems like it was a 22 and 25 slugs that were decent . Of course that was a while ago. The pellets were mostly pretty sad.
Bob

Okay i finally got to shoot some of these across the field, it was a bit windy L to R.
At first i tried the 15 gr Spot on at the 50 M range, and 910 FPS seemed to be the best speed i was able to attain at least, i have not upped the regulator in the Vulcan 3 for these.
Still even at 50 m they was all over the place, though now and then 2 slugs will find the same hole, but very rare it was 2 shots in a row, i just stayed on my aim point and let things land where they choose to land.

Moving to 90 M,,,,,,, OMG had i done 5 magazines worth the target would have looked like it had been shot with a scatter gun.
To compare i put in some of the 16 grain Zan slugs, and dident touch any dials, and i only had to adjust a few clicks.

The Zans well i put 16 of those on a 3" splatter target, though a couple is at the very edge, i think the Zans will shoot better in the CZ barrel with a bigger kick in the behind, still i dont think it is half bad like that, the Zan slugs did fly a few FPS slower than the 1 grain lighter Spot on slug.

Dont mind the few irrelevant holes, thats me trying to dial in shooting the metal plate the target was put on, and with the spot on slugs, that was kind of a crap shoot. ( hence why there are fewer of those on the paper )

spot on testing.jpg

Last edited: